Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents
Reviewed 21 February 2016

I have been going to this bar/restaurant for the past ten years. As far as I am concerned, it is my little bit of paradise on earth. The staff are all friends of mine. Service is relaxed and you can sit there for a couple of hours without actually ordering more than a bottle of water if you are not hungry at the time. Wifi is very good. Food is very good and reasonably priced. There are only about 15 beach beds. My wife likes to lay in the sun on a beach bed while I like to sit in the shady bar looking out to sea or using the wifi. It suits us perfectly. Usually the music is played quietly, although occasionally some of the tent guests take over the stereo and make more noise. I have just returned from a 26 day visit to Goa and I probably spent at least 15 days at the Five Five Restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
TentsOnTheBeach, Owner at Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

It just isn't February unless you and Jill are here. Thanks once again for the lovely review. Hope to see you next year and will have your special sandwich ready.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Right by our shack nice for a cheap breakfast coffee was lovely friendly atmosphere at night it is very quiet.seemed to have an older clientele apart from market Wednesday as around that area is rammed. If it was brighter it would probably attract more people but happy with it

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
TentsOnTheBeach, Manager at Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments. We appreciate the comment about the lighting.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Hi. This is my third stay at 55, and my tenth stay in Anjuna. This is definitely my favourite place. Great food- you can be confident eating here. Last year I ate here every day (because my travel companion was unadventurous) and never got bored of the menu, and never got I'll.
The staff are really nice and look after you. Every year they make improvements - Last year we got hot water, this year they have provided extension cables with western plug points. Proper bds and mattresses. Big fans in the tent.
The WiFi is good and mostly reliable. The location is fabulous, just 20m max from the sea and right next to the market.
The security is good too. I feel very safe for me and my stuff.
The only downside is the shiva valley all night party which you can hear all night. But bring disposable ear plugs and you'll be fine.
I know I will be back again next year.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
TentsOnTheBeach, Manager at Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is always our pleasure when you stay with us. The season is just not complete without you.
xxoo

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

We are here two times, but after the second time we both had food poisoning. Within two hours my meal landed in the toilet and we were both sick for several days. We both had salads with our meal and think that might be the problem.. Because the place looks nice and the staff is friendly, one extra star, but otherwise I can not recommend this restaurant. Better drink here and eat somewhere else if you don't want to spoil your time in Goa feeling sick!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wimplon

We were very sad to hear you were ill. I do wish you had of told us while you were here as we were very surprised. No one else was sick during the time you were eating. Also, being India you can never really say where or why each person gets ill. Many bacteria here is nothing we have experienced as foreigners so many things can make you ill. We work very hard to make sure everything is clean but a fly landing on a straw can cause illness.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Tents are really nice clean bedding an shower toilet very clean xx we had a great time chilling out here for 1nite but be warned don't go if you wanna sleep because it's party all night xx lovely restaurant an great staff looked after us well would return

Stayed: January 2016
TentsOnTheBeach, Manager at Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the loud music but unfortunately Anjuna is known for its parties and Tuesday nights especially. I look forward to having you stay with us again
Marney Levett