“Excellent fried polenta”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

Everything we have tried here has been very good and fresh.the voodoo pasta is excellent even though it's a little spicy.

1  Thank Anthony P

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Our server was great, and knew the menu very well. The Voodoo Pasta was excellent. I've had it before and will have it again. I thought the portions have possibly gotten a little smaller, although I think it was enough. One of us had the chicken piccata over angel hair pasta. It was delicious. I continue to hear others in the community talk about their good food. That was certainly our experience.

1  Thank TheBigD2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Actually the only one I would go to while in Jacksonville. Too bad is closed on Mondays. My only complaint would be the ravioli being a bit too salty. Everything else, just perfect.

1  Thank V_Pontchartrain
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Our family enjoys this restaurant. It is a highlight when we visit Jacksonville. The food quality, food server knowledge and atmosphere make it a place we return to over and over again. Whether you are 4 or 84 - there is something on the menu for you. I almost don't want others to know just how great it is so I don't have to compete for a table but the community needs to support this gem so... Go and enjoy!

3  Thank Kittsfamily22
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had not been through Jacksonville in a while and decided to stop for something to eat. Effina's was recommended by other Trip Advisors and I decided to try it for myself. I am glad I did. The voodoo pasta was great and the Alabama field salad with the pecans was excellent. My only disappointment was the calamari, while not bad, I would try another appetizer the next time I stop in town.

2  Thank UGA_Alum