See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2016

This place was one of the most disgusting places I've ever stayed in. WAY overpriced at roughly $50/night -- Motel 6 is cheaper, and never stayed in a Motel 6 as nasty as this ABVI. Grounds were poorly maintained, office in bad need of not just paint but a complete renovation. Carpets stained and filthy, both in the check-in area and the room itself. Bedsheets looked like they hadn't been changed recently, and while they do have a nice new 37-inch flat panel TV, they're too cheap to pay for HD input, so the picture is blurry and hard to watch. If I hadn't pre-paid and it had been a little earlier when I checked in, I would have definitely moved on to the nearby Motel 6. ABVI properties are mostly old and re-badged hotels, but at least most of them are renovated prior to putting up the ABVI sign. NOT this one. AVOID.

Room Tip: There are no "good rooms" in this dump
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JimStaudt
Kishan P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

We appreciate your sending us your comments and wish you had had a better stay with us. We do not have any carpet in our lobby/registration area and our sheets are changed daily in the rooms that have guests the night before. Our TV's are serviced by DirecTV and up to now we had no complaints about snowy pictures. We are in the process of painting all our rooms and replacing our bedspreads and hope you might check us out if you are in our area again.

Kishan

Reviewed 7 August 2015

Words cannot describe the bizarre experience I had here. The first room they gave me had dead flies in the window sill and smelled like someone had died in there. The bathroom was not even close to being clean. I requested a switch. The next room was worse. I cannot explain the filth that was everywhere. The owner said "well this is a 50 year old hotel... What do you expect?" The next room was no better, Trash in the sink. And someone's old used bar of soap still in the shower with a hair on it!
I drew the line when I had to get the night lady to show me 5 different rooms and some she even said she wouldn't stay in. I asked her if she thought this was a nice hotel and she laughed and gave me the business card for another hotel. I am currently in that nice clean hotel writing this review without the company of bugs mold or crack addicts. Enjoy the many pictures I am posting. I am reporting his hotel to the health dept. in the morning

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank Alaskin
Reviewed 29 June 2015

We have traveled far and wide and stayed in every price level of hotel. This was without doubt the WORST hotel we have ever stayed at. It was DIRTY. The bottom foot of the shower curtain had heavy mold on it, there was a 2" diameter pile of black "stuff" in the corner behind the door that my granddaughter thought was a dead spider, there were dried brown spots on the toilet seat (!), the door to the freezer section of the mini fridge was broken, there was no air on when we entered and it smelled musty, and there was a nasty old lounge chair sitting outside the room. This place was in an area of town where the streets were lined with bankrupt businesses and vacant buildings. It's been a while since I felt compelled to sleep with my gun within arms reach. I can't believe America's Best Value Inn would allow such a hotel to carry their corporate name. Be careful!

Room Tip: Don't go unarmed. If you're a crack addict you'll be in an area close to a good supply.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Greg M
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Room was totally filthy and did not look at all like the pictures on the web site. No telephone or alarm clock. TV was fuzzy on a lot of stations and there was no guide. Bathtub had cigarette burns all over and shower head was plugged up.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank Pat602015
Kishan P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2015

We had a new desk clerk and she did not know the room had no phone but we would have gladly moved you if you had come to the desk. We have talked with our housekeepers about cleaning the baths better. When we have bad weather, the TV does get fuzzy. We thank you for yor comments and hope you will give us another try.

Rama

Reviewed 11 October 2014

Me and my husband stayed here last night. After the fact we wish we had of just left and slept in the car verses in the nasty room!!! "the clean towels" looked like they had been used more than onced! There was about 40 packs of hot sauce in the dresser drawer!!! We knew. It was a cheap hotel but this was horrible! Wished we could add pictures I did not even put my feet on the FLOOR!!!

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank nessybug
Kishan P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel, I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. We will give you full refund.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving you future lodging needs.

Sincerely