“Bar-b-q Awesomeness!”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #247 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We just found this place by chance (or really be smell!). It's a bit unassuming tucked away in the Bed, Bath & Beyond shopping center at Bridgestreet. What a find! We learned this is a franchise out of Dallas, Tx. Very friendly staff, awesome food and great old barb-b-q restaurant feel on the inside (see pictures). I had the Westerner, choice of two meats on a hoagie bun. She had the brisket sandwich with macaroni & cheese and beans w/jalapeños. All of it was awesome. They have very fresh southern sweet and unsweetened tea along with soft drinks and crushed ice. HINT #1: don't forget to save room for the free soft serve ice cream cone! HINT #2: kids 12 and under eat free on Sunday's from kids menu with purchase of adult meal (hello Sunday!). HINT #3: Ask to sample a piece of the brisket if you are not sure what you want; they let my wife. This place gets my very first "the bomb.com!" rating ever for hitting all of my favorite items from the food, to the friendly staff, clean restaurant, crushed ice, and free ice cream!!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Great place for a quick lunch. From what we could tell, this place was VERY popular. Went for lunch with a group and really enjoyed it. Had a Big BBc Sandwich and it was good. Loved the sauce and the meat was perfect. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

I thought I would try out Dickey's since I've seen a lot of (billboard) advertising. It was average - at best. The meat (brisket) was surprisingly served dry ... the mac and cheese tasted and had the texture of Kraft mac and cheese (from a box). It wasn't cheap ... $11 for a one meat platter. To do it over again, I would recommend trying a local BBQ rather than this chain ... tried it --- no thanks, not again

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Acknowledge all in reference to crowded, busy, and a bit pricey but want to add the greasy trays and sides containers. As the staff uses the same gloves throughout the day and they cut the meat right there where they pick up the tray then your tray is greasy. The folks getting your sides have on greasy gloves so the containers are greasy and the lady working the register when I went even had greasy hands so my cup and credit card were greasy. If you are into that sort of thing then the food is alright and you get plenty of it. I had the big bbq sandwich which was a beef brisket bbq. The sause is added later if you want it so if you just wanted the brisket sandwich you could have that. I used the spicy sauce and it was good, not too spicy. I also had the jalapeno beans, which are just the beans with some sliced jalapeños thrown on top. I also had the fried okra which was pretty good but slightly undercooked on some pieces. All in all it was okay if you want a quick bbq fix but I don't care for all the grease I had to encounter while wearing dress clothing.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Menu and friendliness of staff was same as at other locations but the pulled pork didn't have the smoke flavor that I expected. The seating was cramped; I was right under a loud tv and too close to the trash container.