Open today: 11:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Eat, drink, and skip class

Time was when you got good food or good beer at one place. Not both. No more. If you can’t slam... read more

Reviewed yesterday
U8169OMricharde
San Jose, California
via mobile
Birthday with the Sis-In-Law

What a fun place. The beer and food was amazing. Highly recommend the big bacon sticks appetizer... read more

Reviewed yesterday
FirebrandFire
Clarksville, Tennessee

All reviews middle school cuban sandwich pretzels asian ribs speak easy beer flight outdoor patio pub food food order kim chi beer choices on tap fun place pinball machines axe throwing couple hours high school
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The pretzel wrapped bacon bites with beer cheese dipping sauce, easily one of the top three appetizers I've ever had. Pork belly tacos were on point, with a sizable portion of belly in each taco. Great craft beer selection. Service was friendly and attentive. The one negative, there was supposed to be a 2pm tour of the brew process. We waited til 2:20, it never happened.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The beer is the main attraction and it is a great micro brewery. But the food menu is unique and the Asian ribs were as meaty and no fat as I’ve had.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We went as a large group and were able to experience the speakeasy portion. It was neat and had lots of old school video games and systems. 1980's version of Tetris on Nintendo was a nostalgic treat. I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed Civil Axe Throwing, what a fun thing to do. The service was good and the drinks were fine. I found the food lacking and overpriced. It was okay, but I ate maybe 1/4 of the burger and just couldn't finish it because of the weird house sauce (and it being overcooked). Fun activities...so, so food.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Great facility in the former Stone Middle School. The brewery is located in the former gym. The whole facility was packed on Friday night. It is a place for the whole family. The back porch was filled with families enjoying the live music with their dinner. Kids were playing on the lawn and there was a large presence of people who had ridden their bikes there. You can also rent bikes from a stand in the street. The beer is fantastic and pays tribute to both Huntsville history and NASA. There is a restaurant, but we had already eaten. There is a series of breweries in the same area; perfect for a pub crawl.

Date of experience: August 2018
straighttoale, Owner at Straight to Ale Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thanks for the review Denise, please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Was in town for a conference and noticed the row of breweries as I was driving to another location. Slowed down and decided to see what was going on because of the name and logo. Really enjoyed discovering it was a converted middle school into brewery/distillery/bar/speakeasy. I tried several of their beers - really enjoyed the Brother Joseph. Wandering the halls of the school to discover a pinball classroom and a pool table classroom was highly entertaining. The speakeasy tucked away behind school lockers - brilliant - and filled with old school video game systems. I got a Cuban sandwich - yummy - and well complemented by my beer. I enjoyed STA so much I came back twice before I left Huntsville and have been recommending my friends go visit the city just to stop by.

Date of experience: August 2018
straighttoale, Owner at Straight to Ale Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thanks so much for the review, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Straight To Ale! Definitely stop in again if you make your way back to Huntsville!