“A great restaurant with superb staff”
Review of Commerce Kitchen

Commerce Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Commerce Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 664 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I am on a business trip in Huntsville and three of my colleagues and I went to this great restaurant last night. Everything was wonderful! One of my colleagues had her first oyster ever--brilliant cornmeal fried Gulf oysters here--and wonders why she waited so long. I had a beef filet with fried shrimp on gorgonzola mashed potatoes--brilliant. Everyone loved the food. Great deserts! Our server was super. The wine list is diverse and reasonably priced. We had an Australian Shiraz--magnificent. Highest recommendation!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have been here for lunch only and it is awesome. The service is great and the food is really great.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for a sit-down lunch right on the square. They have classic Southern fare (including a fried green tomato BLT), and the service is friendly, too. I recommend it.

1  Thank QuickWhitTravel
Reviewed 15 February 2017

As always, the food was excellent. I went back to my favorite (shrimp & grits) and my wife had one of their burgers. We were there for lunch on Valentine's Day and it was a typical lunch crowd (nothing overwhelming). Unfortunately, the service was less than stellar. It was like only 2 servers for the entire place so we sat and waited much more than we should have for a restaurant like this. Great food can only carry you so far, so hopefully management will pay attention to the quality of service and improve their patron's experience. We ordered their Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese to go for our daughter and was very disappointed when she opened it up to find NO bacon and NO green onions. So we paid $12 for a bowl of mac & cheese. Attention to detail is certainly lacking.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I have heard great things about this place and decided to pop in for lunch today. I called my order in and when I arrived it still wasn't ready. I waited 30 min and it still wasn't ready. I asked the waitress what was wrong and she told me that they put my order in and then they served it to someone else. 15 more minutes later my food was ready. I was in a rush at this point and when I looked at it my order was incorrect. I asked to have my slaw on the side and there were no fried green tomatoes. I am super disappointed. The waitress did not even apologize or offer anything for my trouble. My advice is definitely don't get any food to go!