All reviews room was clean staff was friendly research park front desk clerk room key enjoyed my stay easy access the hotel staff continental breakfast nice stay gloria lq pets uah
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We arrived in town a bit early. Tried to check in but were told “ nope, you must wait till 3!” So this stay is off to a good start, right? I think not. We have stayed in any number of hotels and think only one time ( at an AF reunion in Charleston) did we have to wait, But you are talking about several hundred folks all trying to check in at the same time).

Okay so we wait the 40 plus minutes. Then when we do check in, the room we are given is tucked back in behind the pool. It’s March, who cares about walking along beside a closed pool....and yes walk we had to do to arrive at the room.. i use a walker a lot because of falling, The walk is rough, uneven, pkus dirty....and its a far piece to get to the room.

The room is okay...not great by any means....but reasonably clean and we have two beds.

Morning is here and I think
I will skip breakfast as the walk to the office and breakfast area is just too far, and too rough.

Might just be our last night in a La Quinta room.

Room Tip: Do not accept a pool area room. Psrking is terrible in this area.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Kayla C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to learn that you experienced difficulty during your stay and I've reviewed this matter with our team to ensure that guests are accommodated to the best of our ability and that we do not miss an opportunity to meet your expectations. I thank you again for taking time to respond and we look forward to seeing you at La Quinta in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Don't let the nice-looking lobby fool you. The rooms are outdated, and in bad condition.

This hotel fails in the most important aspects of a stay.

The beds are worn down and uncomfortable. And something is seriously wrong with the plumbing. The toilet was clogged upon arrival, forcing me to do the walk of shame down to the lobby to ask for a plunger. I was told I needed to return the plunger within the hour, because a lot of people ask to use it. I think it's inexcusable to have that bad of a plumbing problem, and not give each room it's own plunger.

And if it wasn't bad enough taking the blame for the initial toilet clogging, I had to go right back down to the lobby as soon as I used the toilet myself to once again get the plunger.

The breakfast was gross, but the hotel is conveniently located next to a Denny's so it wasn't a big deal.

The staff was great. In fact, if this staff worked at a 4-star hotel, I'd rate it 5-stars. Since they work at a 1-star hotel, I gave them 2-stars because at least they hire well. They need to knock it down and start from the ground up.

If you don't mind a bad night's sleep and holding in your poop, this hotel might be for you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Brendan L
Kayla C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Brendan,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us. I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared your concerns with the team. We are working towards improving our operation. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This is not a hotel...it’s an old Motel 6 with LaQuinta paint. Outside entrances, noisy, and not all that clean

On the flip side, it’s directly across the street from some decent restaurants, and the staff was very nice.

Cheap (relatively) stay, but not again for this guy!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 77stephene
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a great value for it's price. The staff was helpful and friendly and handled difficult requests with swiftness and a GREAT attitude. Thank you Gloria! The room for my needs was a basic double. It was clean and the linens were a step up from most hotels in this price range. The bath towels/cloths were thick, soft, odor and stain free. The bed was luscious and I slept well!
Breakfast included cold selections as well as waffles to start off your day. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I stayed in a king bed room and it was a decent size room. It's not fancy but you can tell it has been upgraded to it was great for the price. The staff were very friendly. I like the fact Denny's is right there as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo