“Looks better than it is”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 178 Restaurants in Hoover
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located in Patton Creek Shopping center off I-459. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour every Monday - Friday 4PM - 7PM & Saturday - Sunday 1PM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I was in Birmingham for a golf trip and looking for a steak house for dinner. Firebirds Wood Fired Grill sounded good and after checking out their web page and menu , made a reservation.
It is a handsome place and pretty busy the night I was there.I The waiter was prompt in greeting me and taking my drink order. I asked for a Moscow Mule and after a very long time, I asked the waiter for my drink and was told , we are out of ginger beer. I ordered the Cesar salad which was very good with crisp lettuce , a good dressing and anchovies.My entree was a steak- there were many to choose from and I asked for the pepper encrusted sirloin-Center-cut, sliced wood grilled sirloin, au poivre sauce.
Their menu states"We cook only with the highest-quality ingredients – locally sourced when possible, always sustainable, and prepared from scratch." I don't know where they buy their meat from but this was by far the toughest piece of beef I have had in the last 10 years.They have several locations and I feel it is more a family restaurant not a steak house. The Key Lime pie for dessert was excellent.

1  Thank JMICHAEL
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear JMichael,

Thank you for stopping by our Birmingham location while on your golf trip. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Key Lime Pie and that the service was prompt but I'm sorry that we did not execute your steak au poivre properly. Your feedback is important to us so I will share your comments with our management team to make the necessary adjustments with our kitchen staff.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Went this past Mother's Day. Food is pricey but good. Of course with it being Mother's Day, very crowded, but had reservations. The only complaint I have is that the aisle ways are very crowded, and the wait staff kept bumping into me. I'm not a big guy, so that was an inconvenience. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I have been to this location several times early evenings, small menu but great food. The service at the bar is as good as I have had anywhere friendly and efficient.
A definite stop for me any time I’m in Hoover.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Ate here for lunch with the family. We got the lobster quest appetizer. Entrees were the Kobe meatloaf, Firehouse pasta, turkey club and cheeseburger. It was all made quickly and correctly. The pasta is spicy. The meatloaf was great. The club (mine) was good but wish I had gotten either the pasta or meatloaf. Service was excellent. It’s a bit a drive from my place but I will get by there more often.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

11 of us ate here. Service was excellent. All of our orders were correct. We had a family member who was in a wheelchair, everything was very accessible.