“Italian to go!”

Demetris Bar-B-Q
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 5 September 2017

While moving in our daughter, we divided ranks and one went to get food. My husband came back with a variety of classic Italian dishes. There were very nice sized portions, so we were able to all try them. Wonderful salad! Great lasagna, chicken parm, meatballs, etc.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

When I am in Homewood (ten to twelve times a year) Demetris is my go to place for a good filling breakfast at a reasonable price. The place is in downtown Homewood and rather small but I have never had to wait for a table and I always go solo.

Demetris has a a full breakfast menu. The cheese grits and the grilled biscuits are delicious.

Servers are friendly and efficient.

A tip about parking. The parking lot is small and cramped. I recommend parking in the large lots across the street and behind city hall (if it is not raining cats and dogs).

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I love barbequed pork as much as the next old fat guy, but I go here for the chicken. With chicken, it’s hard to get both moist meat and crispy skin. Usually there’s a tradeoff involved, a sacrifice of one for the other. Demetri’s gets both in stellar fashion. A nice smoky flavor with good seasoning. I like it with the sauce on the side. Don’t get me wrong- I like their sauce better than those of other local bbq joints that are more well-known for their sauces. Demetri’s sauce is more than peppered vinegar with a packet of ketchup thrown in. It’s got some kick, but it’s also got body and multi-dimensional flavor. I don’t know why it doesn’t fly off the grocery store shelves. Maybe it does; I don’t really know. Anyway, the sides are good, too. I particularly like the fried okra and grilled veggies. The okra isn’t cut up; it’s whole pods of tender young tastiness. You can try the pork, I’m sure it’s very good, but it’s been awhile since I’ve strayed from the chicken so I can’t give an accurate accounting of that.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

If in the area this place is worth the stop, excellent bbq everything, the slaw is different but in a good way. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Have frequented here over time but had not been by for over 15 years. The owner, Sam, is very attentive and personable. You're waited on quickly and your food comes out quickly. Got 2 regular inside Barbeque sandwiches and 2 peach fried pies to go. Very satisfying and the pies are so light and flaky. Yum-yum. Only downside is how expensive their Barbecue sandwiches have become.