Open today: 06:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
would go again

spent a couple of days at Guntersville State Park. Found the staff courteous and anxious to... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2020
820sheliag
Huntsville, Alabama
Excellent

My wife and I have been coming to the state park for over 40 yrs. It has always been our "go to... read more

Reviewed 3 November 2020
wattsd2020
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

All reviews state park beautiful place lake guntersville hiking trails golf course views are spectacular day trip camper cabins cooking utensils enjoyed our stay stay there again sit down my favorite place the grill worth the trip late afternoon couple of days
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

Why husband and I just drove in unexpectedly for an afternoon… The lodge is incredibly beautifully appointed with a restaurant, and beautiful views of the river. There’s a nice gift shop, there is a zip lining, they are beautiful cabins on the water, and there appeared to be some kind of a animal petting zoo because we saw an ostrich and a donkey on the way out. Lots to do for people of different ages on a beautiful setting.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank AllisonCW
Reviewed 16 July 2020 via mobile

Always beautiful, no matter what time of the year you go. We love to visit to see the wildlife. Love going to the lodge for the breathe taken views.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank W4757NCtonyt
Reviewed 9 June 2020 via mobile

This is the second year we have taken our two grandsons (ages 9 & 5) and stayed in one of the camper cabins inside the campgrounds. The boys had a blast.
The camper cabin was clean and well maintained. And, Barbara was extremely helpful and very accommodating.
The park itself is one the most beautiful parks we have in Alabama.
We will definitely go back.

Date of experience: June 2020
2  Thank Kelly N
Heather M, Park Operations at Lake Guntersville State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Thank you for your review. I will let Barbara know you enjoyed your stay. We love name dropping!

Reviewed 6 June 2020

Spent 7 days in a camper cabin. Had a wonderful time. The camper was so clean. Hope to come back soon.

Date of experience: May 2020
1  Thank Eva H

Thank you for giving your review here. The camper cabins are a nice addition to our campground.

Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

This is our 2nd yr here. I would totally give it 5 stars except that people speed! Please patrol!! It makes me nervous for the safety of my kids riding their bikes and me walking my dogs. I’m betting some (most) are hitting 45mph as they go by our RV.

Date of experience: March 2020
Heather M, Park Operations at Lake Guntersville State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and making us aware. Are you talking about in the campground or the main road? We do have patrol on the road leading to the campground but if this is in a different location please call our office, and anytime you are here, at 256-571-5444.