“Good local cuisine”
Review of Papa Dubi's

Papa Dubi's
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Guntersville
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: Full service restaurant that serves seafood, steaks, po boys, jambalya, gumbo, red beans and rice, etouffee, pastas and chicken. We have a wide selection of craft beers. We also cater!
Reviewed 14 September 2020

My wife, and I were visiting for a wedding and wanted to sample some local cuisine and we chose Papa Dubi's. We started with a sampler of sausage and chicken jambalaya, seafood gumbo, and red beans and rice. Three packages of crackers were included. All very good. My wife had one of the specials, a huge baked potato stuffed with seafood. Her only complaint was that there was so much salt on the outside, like a pretzel, that she took most of it home and washed it off. Her side salad was good. I had the whole hamburger, thinking it would be a whole hamburger as opposed to the half hamburger, which I thought would be one cut in half. The Whole Hamburger was two sandwiches on flatbread with two patties each, and the patties were more than a quarter pound. They came with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mayo. I opted out of the mayo. Fries for the side. Good, crispy fries. The burger were very good, ketchup on the side. Big. I took one home and split it with my son, to whom we brought a salad with blackened chicken. Overall everything was good and we liked what we had. We felt it was authentic Southern fare. Due to COVID, every other booth was in use, tables were six feet apart, and staff members wore masks and gloves, and disposable paper menus were handed out. Even though tables were six feet apart, once people were seated at them the people were not six feet apart, and no other patrons were wearing masks. All seats full, short wait at door. Well-located, strip mall-type parking. We paid by credit. Friendly staff. Our table top covering was torn.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Russell W
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

Decent. Nothing to write home about. Definitely not as good as it was back in the day. Will return but not on my list of favorites.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 12 February 2020

We have been a couple of times now. Always seated right away and met by very friendly staff. Our food has been DELICIOUS every time, the blackened mahi was wonderful. I'm with the others, don't let the outside fool you... inside has lots of room and has a great atmosphere for relaxing and enjoying a good meal!.

Reviewed 15 January 2020

This is a great little place - don't let the location fool you. The food is awesome and the service was great. It was recommended to us when we were camping and so grateful to whoever told us.

Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

Red beans and rice were not great. The gumbo was good enough. Being from down on the gulf coast, I may be partial..