All reviews state park zip line spectacular views private balcony gift shop seafood buffet on friday night bbq ribs a million dollar view all kinds beds were comfortable fries both times fish biscuits boat ramp bluff deer
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2020

Very good 2 nights at the Lodge this weekend. Very clean. Low occupancy; people were very conscientiously following the face-covering policy and social-distancing, even in the pool. Nice late lunch Sat in the dining room: the open-faced roast beef sammich was very good. One of the best parts was that that the piped-in music was the best hits of the 80s, one after the other. And a nice breakfast Sunday morning. Great waitstaff. Very nice atmosphere in the Lodge and a good time to go right now. Mountain biked the Golf Course Loop trail: be careful of the sandy areas right where you need to make a fast downhill turn, if you get up some speed.

Date of stay: August 2020
Sone Kornegay, General Manager at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2020

Hi,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. It's always good to hear wonderful comments like yours and we will definitely give the waitstaff a pat on the back. We hope you come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2020

We checked the website and they were booked but when we called they happened to have a room. It was second floor facing the lake. What a great view!!! and it had a balcony which most motel/hotel rooms don't have anymore. We also enjoyed the pool area and steam room. Restaurant was not open on Mon and Tues so we missed out on that but next time we'll give it a try.

Room tip: Ask for a lake view room.
Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank sandymcdaniel99
Sone Kornegay, General Manager at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2020

Hi Sandy!
Thank you for your nice review. We are so glad you didn’t give up and we’re able to get a room at the park. It is wonderful place to relax and unwind. Our restaurant will hopefully open 7 days a week soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 May 2020

My review title says it all--it really is a shame, and I'm so dissappointed. Especially for the prices you pay. For the ease of your reading, I'll list my experiences in bullet points. See all caps for the highlights.
-The only good thing is the location: it is beautiful.
-Booking was a nightmare. When I reserved, the website would not populate available rooms from now through this time next year, so I had to call to reserve (not so bad, I just don't like giving out details over the phone), BUT...
-It took me A WEEK of calling to finally get someone to answer the phone (I did leave at least one voice mail), so I couldn't reserve until the day before my trip
-The person who took my details butchered my email address (after repeating it back to me). I had to spam call them for 15 MINUTES STRAIGHT just to get someone to answer the phone so I could get a confirmation email saying that I had a place to stay the next night
-I believe this person butchered my payment info, as well--my first card was declined (for no reason--I had 3X the necessary funds in my account)
-The person who I spoke with to reserve also said my stay was $111/night. Be prepared for a lot of hidden fees (it was really a little over $130/night).
-Our first morning there, there was a giant COCKROACH in our room (again, $130/night for the cheapest room option after hidden fees)
-There appeared to be BLACK MOLD growing on the shower curtains
-Our bed sheets were DIRTY at the very bottom
-There were nasty BROWN STAINS on the towels
-There were nasty BROWN STAINS on the bathroom floor
-After all this, they were not even flexible with allowing late checkouts
-If any of this bothers you, save your money and take a trip to the beach.

Date of stay: May 2020
Sone Kornegay, General Manager at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so sorry you did not have a positive experience at our park. We are all trying very hard to keep our parks clean and safe, especially during this pandemic. We have adopted cleaning protocols and check list to make sure. We invite you to come back at another time and enjoy a 25% discount on your next visit and hopefully you can see a change for the better.

Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Beautiful lake views from the main Lodge and from lakeview rooms. Has cabins, a golf course, boat ramp, and camp sites. Friendly staff. Rooms are clean, but a little dated. The restaurant is fair, but I wouldn't recommend the buffet.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marisa H
Heather McCann, Other at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Thank you for your review Marisa! We are taking a good look at the structure of our buffet and can't express enough how much appreciate reviews and constructive criticism.

Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch at the lodge yesterday overlooking the lake. The menu was great, affordable with sandwich and salad options that were tasty too. Excellent service with a smile - a buffet was available too for $12.95/person

Stop by the gift shop and say hello to Gloria - wonderful information about the area and local books to help discover the state park.

The decor of the lodge was just what you would think of a forest lodge. Wood carvings, oversized chairs in front of a warm fireplace.

Great hiking trails well marked all around the lodge. More to see and explore.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TravelwithWendyP
Heather McCann, Other at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Thank you for giving your review. And we love name dropping! Will praise Miss Gloria for being so great!