See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately for us, the Motel had just changed ownership. It’s now a Motel 6.
The room looked ok, but when we stepped inside, the linoleum floor was extremely gritty.
We ended up buying a Swiffer and went through box of pads to clean the floor the best we could.
We took the pads and showed them to the management.
They seemed somewhat perplexed, since they said the cleaning staff has a sweeper.
We were not impressed.
Perhaps our little demo will motivate the staff to actually clean the room but I’m not hopeful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Gulf Shores, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 BR, 2 BA condo at Dolphin Villas on 1st St. in Gulf Shores, AL. It is about a block away from the beach. You don't have the loudness or traffic of being water-front, but still have the convenience of being only minutes away from everything - beach, restaurants, golf course, grocery stores. The unit was very clean, quiet, very nicely decorated, and had all the basics (including internet and a washer & dryer) for our week-long visit. We definitely plan on staying there again when we return to Gulf Shores.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have never been to Gulf Shores so I figured we would try it out. I would recommend driving another 1-3 hours to Pensacola, Destin, or Panama City FL than to waste time in Gulf Shores. The beach is better than Galveston but doesnt even touch the beauty of FL. The sand is full of broken sea shells and the water is not as clear. The area is small and infested with mostly condominiums. I would say that it is "ok" but nothing to get excited over. Nice for locals but when your planning a vacation you may consider passing it by.

Room Tip: We Stayed at the Lighthouse, nice condo/highrise but not impressed with the area.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The walls are THIN. I didn’t get any sleep before the people in the room beside me slept with their tv on. The volume wasn’t particularly loud but I could hear every line. I could also hear every word they said while awake. There was also hair in the room. Mostly on the bathroom floor, as if it wasn’t swept but there was a lot of it on the bed skirt as well.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Garrett, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I Love going to Gulf Shores it's Fun they have plenty to do.They Hang Out is Awesome they entertain there.The food there is great they even Arcade's and a Water Park.The Zoo it amazing But last of the Least Lambert's my Favorite place to eat

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends