All reviews clubhouse pool village hideaway coast restaurant catalina building off the beaten path fort morgan kids activities ice cream shop beautiful resort through vrbo video games chairs and umbrellas great family vacation bath condo spring break pools were nice minute drive
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We have visited the Beach Club for the last three years and each visit is better than before. This year we stayed in a 3 bedroom condo in the Bristol Towers and it was great. The reservationist and check-in staff were excellent. We loved the private beach and the pools. It is a distance from HWY 59. So, plan ahead for any trips into Gulf Shores.

Room Tip: We were concerned about being on higher floors, but no problems and excellent view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My sister and I just got back from a week in Gulf Shores, AL, at a condo at The Beach Club. My employer owns one of the condos, and she rented it to us for the week. When we arrived, the first thing that impressed us was the security at the entrance. Not one car gets by without stopping at that shack and telling what their business is there. We were in the Doral building. There isn't an abundance of handicapped parking, but we were able to get a spot each day. And, what other reviewers have said is true - there is no shortage of dragonflies and mosquitoes to be had. The first night we were there, on the ride up in the elevator, my sister and I both found mosquitoes on our hands. When we tried to shake/blow them off, they wouldn't budge, so I knocked my hand up against the elevator wall and the blood from both me and it splattered the wall. I was a little put off, but not enough not to enjoy the wonderful view from our balcony and the beatiful condo. The folks at the guard shack were pleasant, and any employee that we encountered during our stay was polite. We were a little disappointed to find that no local pizza places deliver to The Beach Club, and while we were told that The Pines would, they never answered the phone, so we still don't know if they do or not, but since we have decided not to call them again or go there if we should come back, it's not important. You are quite a bit off of 59, but it's well worth it, and the drive back up to 59 is not bad at all, and is filled with scenery. We have already reserved the boss's condo again next year and we look forward to going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki M
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I recently attended a friend's wedding at the beach club. The beach club is a nice property, but two things make us very leery of returning. The first problem we encountered was that the front office was very rude and condescending to us. They told us that our room had not been released by the house keeping staff and we would have to wait until then. Since our group was renting several units we decided to take our luggage and set it outside the door and wait patiently. Three hours later at 4pm exactly we were told we could come back to the front desk to pick up our key cards. Specifically we were told that housekeeping had just finished with our room. Well they must have the power of invisibility and the ability to walk through solid objects as there was always one of us present and that door never opened. My meaning is that our room was ready before we got there, but they decided that we could not enter it until 4pm.

The next problem we ran into was the ever present bug population. My wife's favorite thing to do while staying at the beach is to leave the sliding glass door slightly ajar so that we can listen to the sound of the waves throughout the night. Unfortunately that was not an option for us as none of the units our group stayed in had screen doors and since the beach club is located so close to marshy areas there was an abundance of mosquitoes, dragonflies, moths, and other assorted insects. As a result of this Entomologists' paradise, dead bugs could be found in every elevator lobby and bug parts could be found floating in the pools throughout the day with nary a skimmer to be found.

There were also two snake sightings during our visit. The first was a 3 foot black snake found just outside of one of the ground level units. I could not identify the species for you, but it sent several ladies screaming. The second was crossing the road one evening and found itself under my front tire.

These things aside, the facilities are nice and the staff outside of the front office were very friendly and helpful. I hope this information is helpful to you and if you choose to visit the beach club consider investing in fly swatters, bug spray, and patience.

Room Tip: It seems that every unit in the four towers has a balcony with an ocean view. each of the four buildings also has its own pool. There are also houses available for rent, but they have no view of the ocean because of the four towers. There are two or three restaurants on site and two or three more within eight miles of the beach club. It is at least a fifteen minute drive to the rest of civilization.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscarhair77
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We recently stayed in a 4 bedroom condo in the Avalon tower. What I liked about the resort: private beach, multiple swimming pulls, on-site restaurant/spa/activities, close parking.... The resort is located in Fort Morgan, which is away from most everything. It was about a 20 minute drive, at most, into Gulf Shores. We went during "off season" so the private beach was practically empty!! Our family will definitely be staying here again. We used VRBO to book this condo.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KayseyRay
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Very nice, quiet location. We went with 2 grandkids and there was plenty to keep them occupied. Lots of families with young kids. If you're looking for the party scene, this isn't it. Village grill was very good for lunch.

Room Tip: Only complaint was the bed was not comfortable. (Really not comfortable). Pools were plentiful, beach was beautiful. The condo was very clean and compact, plenty of room in a one bedroom for 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family