“Not very good”

McDonald's
Ranked #23 of 45 Restaurants in Gardendale
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I would have liked to rate a 2 1/2, but don’t want to rate a 2. Service was slow even though it was not crowded.

Everything inside our burgers was good, but buns were stale tasting. Fries had no salt at all and were over cooked. Tea had a sign with expiration date and time that had already expired. They were not refilled during our visit.

Overhead lights were flickering because they needed servicing. I counted ten of them!

We have been to some wonderful McDonald’s in the past. This one does not compare well to them.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We've experienced some of the sweetest and friendliest staff at this restaurant and the managers have been great! That said, don't go to this restaurant if you want to get away fast or with the correct order if you change anything on the sandwich. The food is usually fresh and the breakfast biscuits are delicious! When we've had a problem, we've received an apology and the problem is corrected. One comment: There are no prices posted for regular coffee and there was a special going on that said: sausage or mcchicken biscuit and any size drink (soft drink, tea or coffee) for $1.99. When I ordered this special with a large coffee, I was charged a $.19 upcharge for the large coffee. I pointed out the discrepency between the ad and the charge. Their solution was to put a small coffee on the computer, but give me a large coffee. I appreciated the "fix", but my guess is that most people don't catch the difference. Bad move!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Fast and friendly staff. We had to wait for one of our burgers and they brought it to us. Not the norm for McDonald's!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Not the best but ok clean and friendly ok to eat with family restroom was clean and food warm will return

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I like the location, the food is your typical McDonald's food. There is nothing like a Sausage McMuffin with egg in the morning and they have great Iced Tea.

Date of visit: January 2013