“Good Movie Theater!”
Review of AMC Florence 12

AMC Florence 12
Ranked #2 of 5 Fun & Games in Florence
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This movie theater was recently purchased by AMC and renamed AMC Florence 12. The theater was originally built about 13 years ago by Carmike Cinemas. This movie theater features 3D and digital movies on large digital screens. It also offers stadium seating. AMC Florence 12 has been recently remodeled. They have the self serve drink machines now whereas the guests make their own drinks instead of the employees. My only problem with this is that after standing in line to purchase tickets, candy, and popcorn; you must stand in line again to pour your drink. This theater serves pizza, as well and also features the self serve butter stations for popcorn. AMC Florence 12 could be a little cleaner (like most theaters) but overall it is a good theater. Do yourself a favor and join the free AMC Stubs program to receive special offers such as $2 off tickets on Tuesdays and free refills on large popcorn.

2  Thank AlabamaAngel
"sodas"
"cinema"
"updating"

Reviewed 21 March 2017

The times that I have been at this theater I have always been impressed. I try to go to the matinee since it is cheaper.

1  Thank 991shelliec
Reviewed 18 March 2017

My wife and I elected to visit the movie theater behind the mall in Florence, Alabama which was previously a Carmike owned theater. The theater was recently sold and is under new ownership and is operating as AMC Florence 12. When we arrived, we found the ticket booth close with signs printed on computer paper, directing us to purchase our tickets at the concession counter. Between the lines of people waiting to enter one of the multiple theaters and those who were attempting to either purchase concessions and/or movie ticket; can be summed up as being mass confusion. Staff members were attempting to yell above the lobby noise that for those who purchased tickets with Fandago, they needed to have printed tickets in hand to be admitted and e-tickets would not be honored. Ticket prices were $ 10.50. The price of concessions is outrageous nearly $ 6.00 for a small soda. $ 7 for a large. The same prices applied to popcorn. I’m glad that we ate before we went. If I want to see a movie that bad, I wait for it at one of the local Redbox vending machines or watch it and another movie at the local drive in.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Great seats. Love the stadium type seating. Only problem I have,and it's like this with any movie theater, is that your watching a film with other people,strangers. Some of these folk need to learn to be freaking quiet and let others enjoy the movie. I dont know about anyone else but when i shell out several dollars fora movie, popcorn and a drink I don't need some attention hound speaking or using their &$!)@ cell phones while the movie is playing.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I have been here several times with family and friends to watch movies. The best part was the Tuesday prices to see a movie and the prices for snacks. $5.00 tickets for the movie of your choice with popcorn and sodas ranging from $2.00 to $4.00 each Small to Large. Candy items $3.00. I would definitely recommend going on Tuesdays or only during the discount times otherwise I think the movies are overpriced and the theaters are in need of updating.

Been to AMC Florence 12? Share your experiences!