All reviews within walking distance great location parking garage middle of town balcony room restaurants and shops downtown area complimentary breakfast nice stay front desk staff rooms are clean nice property would stay here again great place to stay enjoyed our stay charming town cookies
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This hotel is in the heart of downtown Fairhope. We arrived late,and had easy check in and we're able to go outside and walk around town about 10PM. This was a Tuesday and there were lots of people walking around. The room was neat and comfortable. We only had one issue I'll address later..... The morning breakfast was very good, better than most and the hostess there was delightful! She chatted with guests, made recommendations for places to see, things to do and places to eat.
As we started packing my husband moved the pillows where he had slept so he could pack his cpap. The fresh pillow cases he had slept on had blood spots on the back.
Not stains but blood. He checked for any scratches or scrapes he wasn't aware of and form none. His cpap mask covers his mouth and nose so even if he had a nosebleed (which he doesn't) it couldn't have gotten on the pillow, especially the bottom!
I know accidents happen and I'm sure this was just a fluke. We had a lovely stay at a reasonable price. We took the two pillows down as we checked out and showed the clerk there and her response was ," well, that's impossible"! Well... obviously it's not impossible! She said she was calling someone to show them and we completed the checkout and went on out way. No one ever came. No one apologized. We were pleased otherwise and are reasonable people. We didn't want anything from them other than not being called a liar. Just some polite words. I even messaged them via their Facebook page, their web site and left the manager a message a week later and heard nothing from them! I just wondered if it was ever even reported to anyone and shown to housekeeping! I think Ms. "that's impossible" may not have even reported it! Yes, we took photos but will spare you that!

Room Tip: The front rooms looked nice but might be more noisy on the street. We didn't have much of a view but it was quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

For the cost of the room the experience could have been better. The breakfast was lacking but expected since it was Continental. The room was a little on the drilled in dirty side in my opinion, as a matter of fact I covered the couch in a blanket to sit on it. The bath was extremely small. Location, location, location is what you can say about this place. In the heart of downtown Fairhope and that is what you get.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Excellent location for visiting the surrounding area. We enjoyed the local and proximity to activities in Florida and to Mobile. Staff was friendly and we enjoyed having a balcony room. Great restaurants and shops within walking distance. My daughter and I had stayed here once before and we knew the next time we wanted to do the Gulf Shores area this was where we would stay. My husband was delighted with our choice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We were given a room with a view literally overlooking garbage receptacles, a black asphalt parking lot, and the back of run down buildings with stacked debris. We were accommodated with a move to a room with a much nicer view, but given a choice, why were weren't we given that one in the first place. Housekeeping literally (and un-apologetically) banged on our door at 8:30 in the am until we got up to answer. I thought there was a hotel emergency. We were sleeping in and checkout wasn't until 11. Strike two! We paid a full on price for the room and didn't feel the value was there compared to other Hampton stays. Strike 3. However the lobby was nice and breakfast atmosphere/cleanliness was better than than other Hampton stays we have had.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Clean, quiet and comfortable. Located in the heart of downtown Fairhope. Excellent inn. In walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beautiful pier on the bay. This is the only hotel that I use in Fairhope.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family