All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleannice hotelafter driving hoursfree breakfastbusiness tripyogurttwo nightseach morningcomfortable staylots of restaurantsstayed one nightsausagedefinitely stay here againstaff was friendlyparking lotcourtyard
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Good location and price wasn't bad. Breakfast in the morning wasn't really all that good and not a lot of choices. I travel for business constantly and I'm used to seeing more options. That's nit picky I realize and not really dinging them on that though.
The room was okay. Silly thing in the room was the two tv's. They were about 8 ft apart. One by the bed, the other in the "sitting room". No real separation between them but a 3' ft wall between the bed and the couch. Not sure what they were going for in that setup.
The tv's didn't have the same channel lineups either. Different channel numbers on each tv to watch the exact same stations. One tv went to channel 146. The other in the "sitting room" only went to channel 65. Just very odd. You never what your going to take away from a hotel stay but this one was the tv setup. Silly as that sounds that's why it could've been better. Lack of attention to that particular detail.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kyle G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Jared S,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with details from your stay. I understand how frustrating it can be when things do not work correctly, and I apologize that you experienced these troubles and inconveniences.

I would love to hear what suggestions you might have that you would like to see included on the breakfast bar. Marriott Fairfield Brand gives specifics on what is to be included, but takes guest suggestions into consideration as they make updates, changes, and improvements; and yours would be appreciated!

I wanted to let you know that we have our maintenance team and our television service providers working to identify the issue so that we can get the channel line-ups corrected. I apologize that the room set-up was not conducive to your needs and that the televisions were not configured properly.

I appreciate your honesty and hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a flawless stay. If you would like to discuss the details of your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
Kyle Garman
334-671-0100 Ext. 400

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great visit. The staff was friendly and so helpful. Kids love the freebies lemon water and flavor popcorn!! Breakfast so hot and fresh with lots of options. Room clean and spacious! We will be coming back here soon!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Overall the hotel is very clean, spacious rooms, and modern. We had a few hiccups on our trip. The night clerk gave us the wrong room key so we went into a room (that could have been occupied, luckily the customers hadn't arrived yet) that was the wrong room (double vs. king). We informed the clerk and he stated he gave us the wrong key. Additionally, the breakfast was so picked over and there was no water (at 8am on a Saturday) we ended up leaving without eating. When we asked the front clerk about the water she didn't offer to get us some, etc. But just said oh really? The nice touches were the bottles of water and peanuts given out at check in. Good idea for us travelers.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night during travel.
Hotel was clean. It had lobby with sitting area with complimentary newspapers available and staff welcoming, helpful and friendly.
Room was great, beds comfortable and amenities were available, bathroom clean and water hot.
Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast a variety of items to please everyone .
I would stay there again if traveled that direction.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I stayed here for a business trip, Mar. 22 - Mar. 31, 2017. The hotel was very clean with nicely updated rooms. Beds were super comfortable. Gym had one treadmill, one elliptical, free weights, a small bench, a padded floor mat in one area and some huge inflatable balls, but was a little unkempt at times, as there was of a lack of clean towels (bring one from your room to be safe) and a source of cold water in the gym would have been great. Breakfast was fair to good. Coffee was above average for an American chain hotel. A drawback was the lack of onsite laundry. The staff said we could use the laundry at the Courtyard right next door (connecting parking lot), but there was only one washer and one dryer and each took $2 in quarters and no soap machine. In addition, my room key would not give me access so I opted for a local laundromat. (Try the one on Park Ave, as it is well staffed, has all different sizes of washers, and has multiple vending machines for detergent, drinks, etc. Also, the washers and dryers take credit cards, even Amex.) Free local newspaper every day (even Sunday) available in the lobby and USA Today during the week.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business