All reviews front desk boiled eggs biscuits and gravy enjoyed my stay located close queen suite staff was friendly nice place to stay room was clean house keeping stay there again lobby area in town a great stay business trip road noise yogurt
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

While traveling we stopped at this Microtel. We find that the chain is consistently reasonable and the rooms are clean. Th is one did not disappoint. We were not able to take advantage of it , but they had a good size outside pools that looked very nice. Our room did have a small refrigerator and a microwave. They do have the usual breakfast items which is enough to get you on the road. Being on the Beltline there are multiple dining locations close by. The staff was friendly and very responsive to our needs. We would stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for your testimonial and your business. Were glad you were satisfied with our staff and facility and hope we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

This is the place to stay..staff very cheerful and helpful..very clean..room has everything you need. I had a quiet and restful stay. Breakfast was great..eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, yogurt....they had it all.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James L, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thanks for saying our Microtel Inn & Suites of Decatur Alabama is an AWESOME place to stay.
Glad you liked our full hot buffet breakfast, found our hotel clean & our staff friendly & helpful. Y’all come back. Southern hospitality is our business.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

I had been traveling for several days and got stuck on a dive due to a mixup with the travel agency. I was tired, frustrated, and not very social. As soon as I walked in the doors I was greeted with a smile and made to feel at home.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim L, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

A friendly face, a warm welcome and a good nights sleep is sometimes all it takes to brighten up your day. Its what try to do for every guest. We're glad we made a difference and we appreciate your business and your kind review.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank the house keeper Jessica' shackleford for making my stay feel like home.my room needed service after twelve hours the person who was assigned to my room Skip it but this young lady took care of everything thanks alot

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jim L, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Jessica will be happy to know you acknowledged her effort and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel wasn’t exactly what we expected for our 4-day stay. The room was clean although we found old liquor bottles in the cupboards of our room so it seems room service doesn’t exactly clean everywhere. The room itself had some issues. Our lights in the bathroom frequently didn’t work which made it difficult to see. You can tell someone had been smoking cigarettes because the hotel room had a musk about it. However. It was clear during our stay someone had been smoking marijuana because the elevator, stairway, and entire 3rd floor hallway reaked of it. The hotel itself wasn’t very busy but had a few sketchy people staying there so I didn’t exactly like wandering around by myself. The pool was nice but a little run down and could use some cleaning. The breakfast was pretty good. Had a good selection. On the plus, the front desk associates were very nice. Our group was unanimous next time we come to Decatur we will shell out some more money for a nicer place.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

We appreciate your business and your candid review. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast, felt the staff was friendly and the room was clean. I wish you had reported your concerns about the bathroom lighting and other issues you noted in your review while at the hotel so we could have addressed them during your stay but I am grateful that you brought them to our attention. The sketchy people you mentioned may have been the source of the marijuana odor you said you smelled in the hallway and we would have been happy to remove both had we been alerted to the situation.

I regret that you were left with a negative impression of our hotel and I'm confident that your dissatisfaction was related to isolated issues that do not represent the normal experience of the vast majority of our guests as we rank high in overall guest satisfaction often achieving the best price value on Trip Advisor.