All reviews the river extended stay great facility boat ramp great weekend included breakfast view of the water fire pit loved this hotel excellent hotel room was spacious excellent stay oatmeal i highly recommend this hotel off the highway great place to stay pool area
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Beautiful hotel and only a year old. We stayed in a room overlooking Wheeler Lake/Tennessee River. Janine at the front desk was very personable and helpful! My only complaint really is the the sheets had static electricity in them really bad. Brought it to the GM's attention the next morning and he said they have that problem in the winter because of the material they are made of. It was right beside the boat ramp and some type of event center, but other than that didn't seem like much around the particular location as far as food or things to do. We stopped for the night on our way to Tunica.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2018

GOOD
Nice & clean.
Decent hot breakfast selections.
Spacious rooms.
Nice location
**Aundrea (Housekeeping) was Awesome! Very friendly & professional. The reason I gave a 3 star rating rather than a 1 star.

UGLY
Night front-desk ...Her name escapes me ugggh! Prior to my arrival, she attempted to charge my credit card for the entire 3 nights stay after I had called 2x to let it be known that I would be arriving very late. My credit card company declined the charge & then contacted me due to possible fraud (Flight over 2K miles to one state then a 4 hour drive to another state). When I arrived, she changed her story 3 times when questioned why was she trying to charge my credit card for the entire stay because her 1st lie was she didn't see my earlier calls notated, then it changed to she saw the notes & was only requesting a hold on my credit card (another lie per my credit card company), & then lie #3 was she was following policy of charging when someone doesn't show (I informed her of Hilton's policy of only charging for 1 night for no cancellation/show). I don't take kindly to people messing with my money/credit & lying to my face.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KarenP5279, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Decatur Ingalls Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We did issue the Home2 Satisfaction Guarantee for your inconvenience. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This was my second stay here. The desk staff were very good to help. The rooms were very large with a nice kitchen area furnished with dishes and silverware. They are the only hotel in town that has a hard wired Ethernet connection. My wife and I took a walk around ingalls harbor and it had a great view.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2018

extremely noisy rooms! you will wake up same rime people around wake up (I had to wake up at 4am because people above my room woke up at 4am). breakfast does not provide healthy options: either full of sugar or sugar and fat. I booked the hotel for 7 nights, but moved out very next day. Decatur is not commonly known place for a vacation: if people came to this town - most of the times they are on business and need their rest before they are going to work all day!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
KarenP5279, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Decatur Ingalls Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Blue Hilton Honors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We did issue the Home2 Satisfaction Guarantee for your inconvenience. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This was a wonderful hotel all the way around. The staff was so friendly from marketing to housekeeping.We had several rooms reserved for an event and they went out of their way to make sure that everyone's accommodations were met. I highly recommend Home2Suites in Decatur, Alabama.

• Trip type: Travelled on business