See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 November 2016

My husband and I took a day trip to Daphne, AL and after having a wonderful time we decided to stay over since it was getting late and we were almost 200 miles from home. We figured it would be OK to get a room here since it was just for one night, WRONG!! The first thing we encountered was a man who thought everyone wanted to listen to his vulgar rap noise blasting from his car. I finally had enough and asked him politely to turn it down, in turn I was called names I can't include here. I went to the office and was told they would take care of it, finally he got in his car and left. The room could have used a GOOD cleaning, the beds were rock hard, the bathroom floor didn't look like it had been scrubbed in years the carpet was stained. The mini fridge and air conditioner were so loud we had to turn the TV all the way up to hear it and the microwave was filthy. The real horror didn't begin until in the early morning. We got up about 4:30 to get ready to leave. I opened the mini fridge to get something to drink and ROACHES came running out! After that I went in to take a shower, turned the water on and more ROACHES came from under the bathmat in the tub...needless to say we got out of there quickly. When turning in the key, I told the girls at the front desk, there was also a man sitting behind the desk drinking coffee and he told me the hotel did not have bugs, he can have his opinion. Don't waste your hard earned money, spend a little more and get what you deserve, a clean comfortable room. We asked for a refund and was told no, they didn't refund when nothing is wrong, we sure wasted $60+. I forgot to mention they wanted to charge us $15 extra per night for my SERVICE dog,. I had to inform them they are NOT allowed to charge for service animals...this should have been our first red flag. Bottom line, this is NOT your perfect hotel.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly S
katherine p, General Manager at Eastern Shore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

I have spoken to Mrs. Kimberly S. She wanted to update her review, but was unable to at this time. The issues has been agreeably resolved. We hope to see her again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

House keeping personnel was great an friendly, rooms were acceptable for the price however after 3 days I noticed bites on my right arm an thigh and by end of the week I had at least a 150+ covering my right side especially my arm look like I stuck it in fire ants.. I was attacked by BED BUGS an was highly allergic to them.. we had paid for a week and was only refunded $60 which didn't even cover meds given by Er dr.. room was switched . threw lots of personal belongings away . Started spraying my own bed bug spray but once I stopped the bites started appearing again in new room ,my husband even found an actual bed bug it self, finally proof..well we showed management and our room was changed again they property owner said they'd give us a week free then we had to vacate property..This place is horrible with bugs ..

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tisha1981
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

my fiancée & myself checked in August 6th, & check out at 11am today..the staff is really nice, i wanted a smoking room so i had to wait thirty minutes for it to be cleaned..i didn't mind! I grabbed at bite to eat at the waffle house next door, which is very convenient! Once i check it to the room..i was 100% satisfied! It smelled fresh, the air was blowing..it was comfortable! I don't have ANY complaints! & if you forget to bring toothpaste/shampoo/snacks..they have them for purchase at the front desk which the price is very reasonable!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MatthewTyler
katherine p, General Manager at Eastern Shore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to make our guest happy.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

After a long day I stop for the night the room was dirty, trash in trash can, food in microwave, bathroom disgusting hair in tub. If I had looked before I unloaded my car I would have left to the owner of the motel you may want to check out your rooms before they are rented looks like poor management to me sorry!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

We are very sorry for the issues you had with your stay.We do give you time to report any problems with room. At this time, we would have assigned you another room, or gave you full refund. Again, we are sorry. We are working hard to prevent this from happening again.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Stayed here last night and was looking to get some sleep, found myself in daphne at the last minute, The place is disgusting. the bed is hard as a rock, the bathroom is filthy as is the floors . I should have spent the extra money and went somewhere else. i didn't feel safe here. the room smelled really bad

Room tip: go somewhere else
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Clint Franks was not an registered guest in our system.