“great prawns”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We went there with 4 people in total (I was the only first-timer) and had one portion of fried prawns (dipped in a beer-dough and then fried) to share. It was supposed to be just a starter, but it was so good, we decided to have the same again for main course.

The way they fry them, makes it possible to eat them completely, without peeling, without killing them a second time. They came tender, with a great mix of spices, and the price-level was absolutely ok.

Andre C, Assistente de Marketing Turístico at Ilha Camaroes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank You for your recommendation ! Very good choice for main course.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Great service, really good starter (Prawns and Octopus with garlic) the main was ok. A little over priced....had charros for dessert!!! Loved them...

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I went to this restaurant for dinner because it was close to my hotel. The menu has a wide variety of seafood dishes, especially with shrimp (which figure in the name of the restaurant).

I had the frequent problem for solo diners in Brazil: the portions in many restaurants are plenty enough for two persons. A waiter kindly pointed this out to me after I started studying the menu. Luckily, I was looking for something lighter and so settled for a salad with shrimp. It turned out still to be a rather generous portion, with a very nice mixed salad plus shrimp, hard-boiled quail eggs and bread toasted with a sprinkling of grated cheese. The mixed salad was of the Brazilian kind, including palmito (palm hearts -- of the pickled kind in this case).

The choice of beers is reasonable, with a nice range of Brazilian beers, including the decent Colorado Indica IPA (unfortunately not my favourite IPA, Therezopolis Jade -- maybe an option to consider for the next edition of the menu).

The price for the salad was good value by UK standards, the IPA was slightly on the pricey side.

Service was good, the beer arrived promptly and the salad after a reasonable wait, and the waiters were available for possible additional orders. There is a nice terrace to sit and eat outside.

All in all, I am happy to recommend this place.

Andre C, Tourism Marketing Assistant at Ilha Camaroes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

We're so glad to know that our efforts in providing our customers an exceptional experience, were very much successful.
We hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming once again in our restaurant.
Until such time, please accept my very best regards! Thanks for your recommendation!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I was there ones only. We took fish and shrimps. The food was more then great! The stuff was pleasant and helpful. They can speak english and also the "menu list" was in english. Even if the food was for 2 persons you could eat 3 ones

Andre C, Tourism Marketing Assistent at Ilha Camaroes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

We hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming once again in our restaurant.
Until such time, please accept my very best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Restaurant well decorated and the service was ok. I ate shrimp with rice, called "camarão na moranga". Nothing especial, maybe if you go there you can try another option of food. There are many potions of shrimp.

Andre C, Tourism Marketing Assistant at Ilha Camaroes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank You, Mr. Fabio-Britto!

Been to Ilha Camaroes? Share your experiences!