See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My expectations were not high as hotel options were very limited during the World Cup. Even a hotel like this was able to charge $400US a night. There was much positive about this hotel except for the breakfast and one of the front desk staff that spoke English. Wi-fi was non-existent. Our sliding glass door in the room did not lock and rattled in the wind. Windows were broken in the hallways. It took a long time for elevators to arrive. They did not service our room one day. People smoke right outside the main doors and it blows into the lobby making it somewhat unbearable to sit there. The location wasn't bad, close to the airport and only a block from the beach. I would not stay here again. No way.

Room Tip: Look at other hotel options.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed in Fator Palace Hotel for the World Cup. Stay somewhere else. The Wifi didn't work in the rooms, only at the lobby at times. They kept telling us that they were working on the issue but the Wifi didn't work in our rooms during our 5 day stay. The elevators were really slow and weren't synced which made it hard to get to the lobby without wasting 5-10 minutes. Rooms were okay. Price per night was too high for what the hotel offered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

When checking in we had 2 rooms and asked if the rooms were next to each other and the guy said no, so I asked if they are on the same floor and he looked at me like I was weird, nope not on the same floor. We saw they had wifi in the lobby, that was if you are standing in the right spot at the right time. When we got to our room we couldn't open the door because the door lock was kinda broke, had to wiggle the key to get in the right spot to open the door. The room was clean and water was not cold so that was good. The lock didn't work on the door and didn't have a lock on the balcony. The bed was not good at all could feel all the springs. The bathroom toilet leaked water out of the bottom so had to wear flip fops when in the bathroom. The staff only had 1 nice person working and I didn't get his name, the rest of the staff didn't want to help out at all. When we would leave our key at the front desk they didn't know what to do with it and when ask for it back would take them a few min to find it because they didn't know where they put it. One night I asked then about a restaurant that we found in a flyer they had, the location pulled up different then what it showed so asked where it was and if it was good and the front desk guy said yea it right around the corner and its good. We walked 10 blocks and never saw it.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor. Elevators are slow is get stuck.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Highly recommend that you look elsewhere. Good location, friendly staff, good breakfast, but terrible value. Wifi only available in lobby; rarely worked. Elevators not synced (slow). Ants in room. Hot water sparse.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alohaADB
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I picked this hotel as it was not too far from the airport and close to the promenade by the sea. I needed just the overnight stay as my flight into Recife arrived at 21:20 and my onward journey to the coast south of Recife necessitated a short car ferry crossing and that did not operate after 22:00.
On checking in, I discovered that no one in Reception spoke English, Spanish, French or German! - all of which I speak!
The room was quite spacious and clean with a small living and kitchen area and a balcony looking out over the city. The air conditioning functioned OK but many of the TV channels had quite poor reception.
I found that although there was a hot water tap in the bathroom washbasin, not a drop of water emanated from it! I then decided to have a shower (electric) and discovered there was no hot water. The following morning I informed Reception (in Spanish!) who understood what I was saying and indicated they would send someone to have a look at it. After having had a 40 minute stroll along the promenade I returned to have my shower. Still no hot water - so another cold shower!
All in all I was not very pleased - to say the least!!!
On the positive side, the room and hotel was very clean and the choice at breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: I would imagine a room facing the sea would be much nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo