Piratas da Praia Hostel CoWorking(Recife)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$75
US$81
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Hotel ibis Recife Aeroporto(Recife)(Great Value!)
US$49
  • Restaurant
US$72
US$37
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Stayed here for 2 days in Jan 2016 on business & the most important and best part of this hotel is the location. Right at the beach, facing the mighty atlantic !!

That said, morning walks were fun and taking a dip in the beach never required any planning.

Food served was top notch and delicious in every way to my indian taste buds. I forgot the name now, but this gentleman at the restaurant was so helping that i never had an issue with food, whatsoever.

Shopping receife - 15 minutes walk away / lindu receife - 15 monutes too / have some money changers nearby too / if possible, travel with a connection having internet access everywhere, life becomes a lot simpler considering there are very english speaking people you are gonna find here and if portugese is not your cuop of tea ..

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Abhi_baby
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Though I have read some reviews that say the rooms are not good, I would disagree. Though they are not new, they are clean and comfortable. My "single" room had a kind-sized bed and comfortable pillows, and a very spacious bathroom with a good shower. The breakfast was good and the wifi worked well. The location can't be beat. It is in front of the beach and there are lots of choices near for eating and drinking. It was also very easy to find a taxi, or close to walk a few blocks to get a bus. It was extremely close to the airport. I think it took about 10 minutes to get there and the fare was around R$20. They also have a nice bar in the lobby and the bartender was very friendly and accommodating. He made an excellent margarita, which, in my experience, is not common in Brazil. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TexasdoBrasil
Reviewed 4 March 2015

This hotel is very well located just in front of Boa Viagem beach in a stretch very good for swimming and walking on the sand. It is very close to a little nice square with a picturesque church, a restaurant bars and a fair where they sell local art crafts. The lobby is large and fresh, friendly people. Good swimming pool (not big but on the first floor and beach front) and reasonably good breakfast. The room is acceptable, with a good airconditioning. The weak points are #1 teh view in case you get a side room and #2 the shower on the bathroom, electrical shower, kind of outdated for a hotel. Otherwise, it is an acceptable hotel to stay in Recife.

Room Tip: front rooms would have better views
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

Rooms clean and spacious but in need of facelift. Reception staff helpful and porters very efficient. Wait staff in restaurant Ok for buffet but clueless for table service. Lower floors noisy on beach side (road) and could be sorted with modern windows that would not leak during rain.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

In terms of location, Vila Rica hotel is great. We had a room overlooking the beach, which was spacious albeit slightly dated.

The hotel is of a moderate standard, however I would not recommend eating in the restaurant for an evening meal. Both my starter and main courses were cold and I only had one mouthful of my main course it was that bad. I would go as far as saying, it was one of, if not the worst meal that I have had anywhere in the world. My friends food was also not much better. There are lots of quality restaurants a short taxi ride away from the hotel, which are worth visiting instead. However, the complimentary breakfast buffet is of a decent standard with lots of options.

The service at the hotel is pretty poor and no way near to the standard expected. The check-in process took over twenty minutes and we had to wait two hours to get our safety deposit fixed and eventually replaced, as it was faulty.

I was also charged twice for my stay and it took 8 attempts to contact the hotel before they responded and numerous conversations thereafter. I have just had the charge refunded, over 2 months later with no compensation or apology, which speaks volumes.

Overall, I would not eat in the hotel restaurant for dinner and due to my experiences I would not stay at this hotel again. If you do, I would recommend that you check your bank statement once you return home!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends