See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

We chose the place due to the pictures of the pool area and the 4stars. When we got there we were surprised and shocked about the property. We guess that the place has been beautiful and luxurious in the 90s, but no renovation has been ever done the way it looks today.
The building itself is amazing and it's quite sad and disrespectful to let it end like this. The garden/pool area looked beautiful, but dirty and nobody around it. We used the elevator to the 8th floor and were shocked once again, it must be forbidden to have it still in use. It's so dangerous. We stayed about 5minutes in the room and decided to change the hotel, no matter how much it costs. In a corner we found the used, still wet towels of the guests before and in the cupboard was trash and other disgusting stuff. Smelly, dirty, old and not even the bed was with propper sheets.
It's a pity what they do to this place!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2014

Stayed overnight during a WC trip to Brazil. The hotel is right on the seashore with nice views to the ocean, the sound of which was a respite from otherwise not-so-good hotel experience.
I made a check-in late in the evening after the match, with 6am flight to catch next morning. No hot food was available by the time of my arrival neither in the hotel, nor in its vicinity (the property is in the middle of distressed quarter, next to a number of delapidated buildings), so I had to resort to sandwich smoothed with a couple of beers.
The hotel was probably at his peak at hippies time, and on decline since then. Staff speaks little or no English, the room looks like exhibition sample from 60s or 70s.
To add insult to injury, the ceiling by the room door started leaking 30 min before my (very early) wake up call, and the staff was all but disinterested about it, still probably weighing their options 20 minutes later when I was down fully packed and ready to go to airport.
Recife's glamour has been fading for decades now, and, unfortunately, efforts to revitalize it through hosting WC games were in vain.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Knowing this hotel is a 3 stars, I didn´t have much expectations. Visiting Brazil during the World Cup even decreased those expectations, but this hotel managed to deliver less than expected.
The hotel has no restaurant, no room service; they offer breakfast in a space too small for the number of rooms, wich means you´ll have to share the table.
The elevators are slow and once, ours opened in between floors. The corridors are dark and you have to jump for the movement sensors to detect you
The rooms are spacious, with old furniture and narrow beds. The windows allow the wind to roar inside, so noisy that makes it hard to sleep. Internet connection was only available at the lobby, a few minutes per hour.
The location is also uninviting, with no restaurants, shops or anywhere to walk around..
The staff tries reallly hard, but the facilities don´t help them. The reception manager helped us a lot finding a pizza delivery service at midnight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My flight arrived really early in the morning so got to the hotel before 7am, by taxi which cost R$25. The porter showed me where I could go to get a cup of coffee. The receptionist was polite and helpful. I was able to check into my room by 1030. I made my booking through booking.com and it was all in order. The view from my room on the 17th floor was amazing. I watched the full moon over the ocean and watched the sun rise in the morning. The room was clean and spacious and the linen fresh. The much needed air conditioner worked marvellousy as did the wi-fi.
The gate leading to the beach was manned 24hours and security very friendly. Early morning the beach is quiet and the whole stretch is cleaned regularly. At low tide, there are natural pools right in front of the hotel. The pool is clean and the gym offers fitness classes in the morning.
Breakfast included juices, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, lots of different cakes and pastries, cheese, cold meats, and a hot selection of regional food such as couscous, calabresa, yam, sausage, scrambled egg. The coffee was fresh and different teas were provided.
At least 2 of the reception staff spoke English, which is a great find in a city where very little English is spoken.
I decided to stay another day and there were no hassles. I paid the same discounted price I had booked with. My room had been booked for some renovation on my original day of departure, but they obviously delayed this.
The hotel is on a busy street with buses passing often, so access to anywhere in the city is easy. There is a pharmacy across the street, supermarkets close by and several restaurants within walking distance. Shopping Guararapes, the nearest mall is a few minutes away by bus.

Room Tip: For a great view, get a room higher up.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GJL2611
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel and i've got absolutely anything to complain about it, despite the fact that it was being refurbished. I found the room really good and as it is flat, there's a pretty good kitchen, separated by a wall, with a 2 seats table. The bed was comfortable, nice shower, new air conditioning system and a flat TV. Wifi was included but I had to ask at the reception, satisfatory signal by the way. Breakfast was nice and one can fine typical sweets and native fruit juices every day. Parking is free for hotel guests. Small gym and a nice pool are also available free of charge. Just across the street you find a chain drugstore and a local restaurant with variable prices and nicely served portions.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room with view to the ocean. Its breath taking when you wake up in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business