See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2016

This is a hotel in a superb location with very friendly service. It has a nice pool with a fantastic view of the beach and the sea. The rooms in the sea front also have a superb view. The rooms themselves are modest, but adequate: clean and functional. Good service is their mark, though. Everybody is so friendly and helpful.

If I had one complaint is the Internet service. It can be very slow. Also, they allow one active connection per guest. In the age where everybody has at least two devices, if not three, it's outdated.

I was also disappointed that they didn't let me change my booking when I arrived. I had done it with booking.com and they said I couldn't change. I found out this is not true. I've just been to another hotel that sorted this out without difficulty. So, better training for the reception staff can be a good idea.

Overall, really, really good. I'll go backk.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Glycerio, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hello Luciana! How are you?

We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us !
Thank you for choosing us , it was a pleasure to welcome you in our Hotel.
We work to offer the best to our guests and provide them a quiet and special trip .

We look forward to your return!

Regards,

Marante Plaza Hotel staff.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Near to airport, right on the beach front and good value for money. I was in Recife for a work trip for a week and this hotel was convenient and ticked all the essential boxes for those wanting an economic option. Good breakfast though only available until 10 am so if you arrive late at night and sleep in it's a bit early! They need to post the restaurant times on the restaurant to let people know this!
They could do with having an extra English speaking TV channel on their TV options - only one English program from Japan and no news eg CNN or BBC!

Room Tip: not near the lifts. ceramic tiled floors create for noise. choose room at end of corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Glycerio, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Hello , Maggie! How are you?

We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for choosing us, it was a pleasure to have it in our Hotel.
With great dedication, we work to offer the best to our guests and provide them a quiet and special trip. We will take all suggestions to our management!
We hope you come visit us many times .

Regards,

Team Marante Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Having read the reviews here, I did not expect much from the hotel. Yet, my 5-day stay there was very pleasant.
The hotel is not luxurious but it has all one needs. The rooms are spacious and clean and there is a fridge (not that common in hotels in Europe). Wifi works well, though one has to log in again and again. Some rooms have a safe - in the mine the safe was broken. I had a small problem with the electricity in my room - even when the card was in, the light always went off after a couple of minutes and I had to move the card to switch it on (quite unpleasant, when you are in a bath...).
On the roof of the hotel, there are two small swimming pools - one for children, one for adults. There is also a lovely view from the roof.
Breakfast is very rich and everything I tasted was delicious.
Some of the staff at the reception do not speak English but I always found someone who did and everyone was really nice and helpful.
The hotel is located opposite the beach in Boa Viagem, close to the airport and the old town (Recife Antigo). There is a supermarket 5 minutes from the hotel.
All in all, my stay at the Marante Plaza hotel was very pleasant and I would not hesitate to return there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Glycerio, Gerente at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Hello Veronika , how are you?

We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us . Thank you for choosing us and for your feedback ! With great dedication and commitment , we work to offer the best to our guests , giving them a special trip , as they deserve . We make every effort for this! We hope you come visit us sometimes , we will be waiting for you!

Sincerely, Team Marante Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 26 January 2015

the hotel is well located on the Boa Viagem road, which has a lot of very good restaurants and bars. Even if they are very close and the Boa Viagem road is one of the safest in Recife, at night i highly recommend to take a cab (i've been robbed with a friend just a few meters from the hotel, on the way to the restaurant). just cross the (very busy) road in front of the hotel to be on the beach, but pay attention to sharks. it is not recommended to bath there, especially at high tide. other than that, the hotel is average. nothing exceptional, but clean and confortable. not worth its 4 stars at a European standard. You should request a lock for the in-room safe at the reception. sometimes, they don't have any left!! personnel barely speaking a few words in English!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hef3609
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Average three star hotel located on beachfront hotel-strip of Boa Viagem in Recife. Not particularly spacious triple bedroom with average appointments, reasonably clean. Air conditioning has two settings (on/off) and is too cold. Bathroom is a little grey and charmless, good hot shower. Fairly quiet at night. Reasonably decent buffet breakfast, including omelettes made to order. Staff polite, professional enough, but don't necessarily go out of their way to assist you. Location is in an overdeveloped coastal area, 5m from an average beach. Area not exactly threatening at night but doesn't feel completely safe either. Reasonable dining/entertainment options nearby. 15 minutes to old city/city centre by taxi. 25 minutes to airport by taxi, approximately 25BRL. Free WiFi throughout, moderate speeds, reliable enough. Rooftop pool is a major highlight, relaxing and pleasant with nice sea/beach views. Somewhat overpriced, even considering it was the World Cup.

I may stay here again, though would likely preference accommodation options in nearby Olinda, which is less developed, has a more relaxed atmosphere and is more picturesque.

DETAILS: Group of friends, 3 males, mid-20's. 3 nights in a private triple room with bathroom, breakfast included. June 2014 (n.b. DURING WORLD CUP). Paid US$1100 total (i.e $370/night).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends