“Excellent”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice restaurant good quality of food and beverages and nice atmosphere. The waiters are very nice and all the time smilling, for sure I will come back!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The attention span of the waiters is 5 seconds... With a memory of a red fish. After fighting all my dinner with scarce attention and forgotten orders, even receiving a check I didn't ask, which by the way wasn't my table's, when I asked my check it was incredibly wrong, again. The waiter insisted in explaining that the items where wrong, but it was just an irrelevant mistake... There was no manager to discuss the matter, and I had to discuss with the cashier, who refused to correct the charges. At the end, I had to do the arithmetics myself, watching the prices on the menu and offering to pay the right price. Given the location and prices charged this place could and should be so much better... Unfortunately I fall in this trap quite often because it is at walking distance from my apartment, but hopefully you can avoid it easily. As for the food, it's average stuff easily found in bars around the town

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Lombo de porco - very tasty. Accompanied with rice and potatoes, both prepared with garlice - one of my favorite ingredients. Prices fair, service ok. Of note - the majority of the beers they have on offer are in bottles. They do have a fair selection of beers, though.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

This place offers great service, food and is always crowded with locals. It is not cheap but good value for the price. The quality of the food is great and service good.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I feel I must report my experience of "denied service" as a service to fellow tripadvisor users.
I am decent person, good attire, clean, not drunk (as some clearly appeared to be on premises...).
And sometimes I think that what they say is true... Lack of good personell keeps Brazilian GDP behind potential...
Here's what happened.
After a hard day working, at about 11pm I wished to relax sitting outdoor in the wonderful Recife night.
About 30 people were enjoying their drinks and dinner on the outdoor restaurant area (we are talking something like 6 overcrowded tables...) but the waiter refused to get a chair for one of the 4 tables available, which had no chair coupled with because of high attendance to the remaining tables!
Why? "The manager decided so".
Then I go look for the manager, ask gently for an exception, a chair, because I really liked to enjoy the night. He denied service because "the waiter was finishing the shift" (well, about 10 others were on service).
The guy strongly suggested I sat indoor... I gave him the option... outdoor or I go to the restaurant next door. He left me go.
Fine... I go next door, welcome open arms, had my good dinner for 100BRL...
Am I going home silent? Do I swallow the treat?
As responsible client and navigated finance director I believe in training on the job, always hoping I can improve service for the next customer... and decided to go back and teach some economics to the shorsighted manager.
I kindly showed him the 100 BRL bill next door (as a reference, Brazilian minimum salary is about 800BRL/month), I pointed at the 30 or so clients still outdoor, at the 3 waiters busy around them (including the famous one who was supposedly going off shift...) I argued and explained that the restaurant could have had 100BRL additional income at no extra effort, no extra cost, a waste of idle capacity... but the poor guy proved hopeless... and still stubbornly insisted that I SHOULD HAVE STAYED indoor!!!!
Real logical reason? You bet.
Needless to say that the waiters of the business next door knew everything and were laughing their * off, happy for the 10% tip!
Dear fellow traveller, hope you get a good service here, but keep yourself away from the screaming drunk costumers and, above all, adapt to the manager's will.
(I was there other times and can witness the average quality of the food, the price beyond real value, and the poor on null wifi availability)

Been to Alphaiate? Share your experiences!