“1 Night 2 Days - Family & Office Team”

Sundarban Houseboat - Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Now EXPLORE THE MAGIC OF SUNDARBANS with it’s first luxury Air conditioned houseboat providing the World’s first wildlife safari in a houseboat. Each and every day tour in the houseboat is personalized and unique as it is tailor made to the desires and expectation of the guests. The Houseboat is equipped with all modern amenities which we believe, will be beyond your expectations.
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Just spent 2 days and 1 night in this boathouse. We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. The manager met us before we step inside the boathouse and got us acquainted with everything there. Staffs were awesome ..friendly, accommodating, attentive. The food was just delicious. Interiors are very good and attractive with neat and clean bathrooms and the rooms are big and very comfortable. This boathouse has good amenities for the modern lifestyle. The climate in Sundarban is tropical, warm to hot with only a little temperature drop during night time, as it is typical to the coastal regions of West Bengal. I will definitely recommend this boathouse and obviously The Mysterious Sundarbans.

1  Thank AnilK1589
"bucket list"
"mangrove forest"
"wild boar"

Reviewed 15 May 2018

My partner and I decided to finish off our 6 week holiday with a few days cruising through the Sundarbans on a houseboat. We were lucky enough to jump on board and find out we were the only passengers meaning we had the whole boat to ourselves! Lucky us! From the start the pick up went smooth and they were on time at our hotel in Calcutta. The drive to the Sundarbans was around 3 and a half hours and I was unfortunately not well for the drive but the busy was large enough for me to take up the whole back seat and lie down and sleep.
When we arrived at the houseboat we were welcomed by all the staff and shown our room. The room is basic but there's everything you need for a comfortable stay. The room had an AC unit, TV, comfortable bed, pillows and a doona. The bathroom also had amenities like shampoo, soap, toothbrush, comb etc.
The biggest stand out for us was the food! There was so much food and it was delicious every meal! The chef definitely needs a payrise as there was not one item of food that we didn't like.
It was nice to be able to get off the boat and walk through some of the wildlife sanctuaries. We were also kept entertained at night time with DVD's on the Sundarbans. There's also plenty of books and games to keep you busy.
Each day we had our own guide as well who was there with us from 6am until 5pm wildlife spotting and giving us local information.
The only negative we had was the drive back to Calcutta. The driver was very eratic and I was actually scared for our lives. He was dodging in and out of traffic and we nearly had so many near accidents it wasn't funny. To top it off he dropped us to the wrong hotel even though we questioned him about it being the right place. By the time we realised he had left.
We did contact the company that night to let them know and we did get a swift response with an apology and an offer to reimburse us for our taxi cost.
If we were to come back to Calcutta we'd definitely go back to the Sundarbans. It's such a beautiful place and being able to spend it on the houseboat was just perfect.
Thanks guys for an amazing 3 days, it was the perfect way to finish off India!

2  Thank Ebzw84
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Some of my friends were coming to Kolkata and I was searching through net for some place/ things to do which will be unique for them. While searching through the net, I came across this Sundarban Houseboat and thought this was just another mediocre category boat which call them luxury in Sundarbans ...but are far below that (I am born in Kolkata and i know). While going through tripadvisor reviews I found many operators had high rated reviews..... but somehow......reviews of this houseboat appeared to be more honest and from the heart of the guests. So got curious and thought to take a chance even when their rates were higher compared to others.....and guess what..... probably I discovered a gem hidden deep within.....
From information sharing in the initial stage to the whole tour.....everything was so professional yet....so homely. The crew is amazing. They treated us like royalty. Though I won’t call it a luxury tour....but as they say it is not a hotel ...it’s an adventure tour and if we judge the facilities and safety features based on this pretext..... whatever they offer was much beyond our expectations and surely justify the rates they charge.
Sundarban itself is so so beautiful and touring that in SUNDARBAN HOUSEBOAT probably enhances the experience many times.
Now I have become a hero in front of my friends for arranging this tour.
I would definitely recommend this Sundarban Houseboat trip to others and of course we all are also planning to come back again very soon......

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank manukumarjha
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I have visited Sundarban around 20 times but this time I was traveling with my family members , a group of 16 people. Its a majestic experience which I had never experienced before (Even I have stayed at the best category land resort several times
Pros:
1.They have their own 9 seat winger (specially designed for comfort ). Along with that car another Scorpio was provided for us.Both came in time actually in well advacne
2.What I liked most that is there professionalism in all aspect.They will add you in their whats app group 1 day advance and provide all details through whats app including name and designation of the crew member. the navigator is a experienced person even he operates in huge for with all most 20 ft visibility
Manager Monty , a young hunk man. If you are interested in photography then he will be your best companion.
3.The boat has 3 rooms with capacity of 14 people comfortably .Rooms are very clean and nit. bathrooms are equipped with all amenities provided in 3 star standard. Still always keep in mind that it is a water body so must not be very big in size.
4.Food- each and every item was delicious though simple. cook is a smiling polite man who even describing recipe when ever asked by my family members. I am not interested in recipe ,rather concentrated hard to have them :)
5.The deck- the most happening place of the boat. Luxury at its best and if you are in a group , I can bet that you want to spent most of the time here. Deck is quite furnished keeping in the mind comfort of the guest along with huge opportunity to look around the jungle

1  Thank Arnab14
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We (my wife and I) decided to go to Sunderbans Mid of this January (around 18th Jan 2018) to finally check out “Whats This Thing about Sunderbans? ...” We are Travel-Addicts and Prior to making up our mind to visit any place, we read a lot of reviews and other general stuffs about the concerned location and the best stay-ons etc informations in there.
We are residing in kolkata itself for the last few years yet when we think of weekend getaways there are three- four regular spots that comes up to the mind.. Mandarmani (and its nearbys), Santiniketan, NorthBengal or Sikkim (Sikkim might be however considered for a Long weekend ) and the last one had always been Sunderbans. But.. We never took a chance to take a feel of it till now. Reason? - Here’s the One..We often heard terrible word-of-mouth-feedbacks of Day-tours involved in it. Scorchy heat and overstuffed boats swarming with people and a ride past the larger water channels of Sunderbans till they bring you back to the Jetty within a few hours. Forget sighting Tigers , the loud noise of the large Day-steamers might actually turn off any animals that could otherwise be spotted in tranquility. Not that we trusted every verbal-review we heard, yet negatives did play on the mind to push back our interest of checking out the place ourselves.
So when we finally decided to tick off Sunderbans from our ‘yet-to-visit’ bucket list of travels this year, we first researched. We needed something that could give us serenity and the best ambience to relax and feel the richness of nature while cruising amidst The mangroves.....One which could allow our minds and eyes to stay focussed only on-to the banks to search out for any possible living creatures while our minds, souls and Stomachs would feel happy, contended and overall too satisfied, to get distracted to anything else.
Then We chanced upon ‘Sunderbans HouseBoat’ .. All the reviews regarding each and every description about the Boat and the food and the care and the cruise seemed to fit perfectly into ‘our-look-out-for’.. so we decided to go-for-it...... and Guess what’s our feedback on getting back to our regular life after spending one night and two days aboard...? EXCELLENT ... Yes If you ask us whether you can find a better experience with super warm, cordial, yet aptly professional hosts ( To mention the Team- The Courteous Sarkar Driver jee who picked us up from our Residence and Dropped us off at the same, after the trip, The Smart Young Manager- Monty, The Captain Pranavjee, The Multi-cuisine-maker and super talented Cook - Palash, The other always-smiling and highly efficient and quick-inresponse young helping hands - Subhankar, Sumit, Sumanto, Kamalesh and The guide - RamkrishnaJee ) in a day-night cruise boat with 24hours hot-water and electricity supply, overstuffing us with finger-licking food, snacks, beverages .... and all of these in the midst of a creepy dense mangroves , no we dont think we can suggest you any better than this. The very luxury, housekeeping and food that you get as a package in such a set-up is commendable. The people onboard do-not just keep you luxuriated althrough your stay, But also keep you engaged and informed about any look-out-for-animals , which channels and which part of Sunderbans you are currently surfing through, at a given moment ...The Captain went ahead to give my wife a chance to steer the boat for a few minutes to see that ecstasy on her face. That’ s what I call being great hosts! The Cook Palash is a very young guy proficient in cooking and serving indian, chinese, continental meals, snacks, beverages. The Manager Monty is a charming young man who not-only manages the onboard activities very well but engages in continuos discussions and his stories and personal experiences in Sunderbans, with its flora, fauna and, of Tiger-sighting, his cobra encounters near some local village and thus keeps everyone engaged and engrossed. There’s nochance that anyone from any parts of the world could feel bored or dissatisfied with these guys putting in so much efforts in making the trip a memorable one for their Visitors. We Had two other elderly couples on-board when we were there at Sunderban House-boat last month from 18-19th January, 2018. An Indian couple and another British couple. They were equally participating in interesting conversations and they loved every bit of the House-Boat stay.
The Special part of the cruising was the early misty mornings around 6am when the Boat sailed inside narrow creeks with fog, mist, bird calls and fresh tiger paw marks! The overall feel was spine chilling and will therefore be etched onto our memories forever. Now Did we see Tigers? No.... and we request anyone reading this review not to visit Sunderbans with the typical mindset of sightseeing tigers only. Sunderbans is a huge area to cover in a day ot two. One is allowed to surf only through certain permissible water- creeks by the government for safety purposes and the chances of seeing a Tiger is bleak. But then again its one’s Luck completely. Monty our manager showed his photography and His Tiger-Sighting in all these years. Magnifient beasts they are only if one has a Luck to chance upon. Even though Tiger-sighting wasnt our fate this time,but We saw Several rare, colourful birds, monitor lizards preying upon crabs, Deer, Wild Boars and Giant Crocodiles diving down and dissappearing to depths beneath our scope of seeing.
We are adventurous souls and we love the eerie refreshing feel of forests.. We had been to Jim Corbett earlier last year, But the feel of Sunderbans was Unique, and the experience made Best By the efforts of The members of SunderBans House-Boat.....Mr Roy who booked our trip had assured they have repeated guests and Yes We second that Feel .... to go back again hoping to create another relaxing memory with family and friends next time will be thrillig surely.

2  Thank Pratik K