All reviews heritage property kebab no lift victoria memorial the heart of the city british era lounge bar park street area old world charm camac street first floor modern amenities nice stay the hotel staff breakfast buffet excellent location the ground floor
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The +s:
The room was cozy.
Room service deserves praise.
Location was perfect to reach easily to multiple tourist spots.
The service by restaurant staff and front office staff was exemplary.
Water bottles were provided complimentary in room - daily - without request. Towels were replaced daily.
Wake up call and complimentary coffee on day of check-out.

The not so +s:
Cigarette smoke smell in corridor just on Saturday morning.

Suggestion:
Include more vegetarian options for dining - in a-la-carte as well as breakfast buffet.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Mr.Sreenivasan,
Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

At all times it is our constant effort to deliver the desired service, quality and expectations as you deserve being our guest. Personalized and dedicated care for our guest is one of our "Exceptional Service Brand Credo" and we are real fortunate to have lovely ladies and gentlemen who always tries to exceed expectations at all times.

Will certainly look into your feedback and would brief my Chef, and would also keep my Housekeeper and my Maintenance team know about what you had faced while staying with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was great, beautiful antique style with winding interior staircase (no lift) This hotel was great, beautiful antique style with winding interior staircase (no lift) but not a problem for us. The check in staff were excellent and had local knowledge. We stayed in the penthouse suite and it was clean and spacious with its own kitchen, dining and rooftop garden. It’s located just off of Park Street the main centre of town so everything is accessible. They have a fantastic rooftop bar and a/c restaurant.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MagnetikRob18
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Member,
Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

It is most kind of you to share your experience and Thank you for taking out time to write this review. It was also nice to know that you had a very pleasant experience and I am indeed happy that my team lived up to your expectations and that you had enjoyed the hospitality and services provided by my team.

At all times it is our constant effort to deliver the desired service, quality and expectations as you deserve being our guest. personalized and dedicated care for our guest is one of our "Exceptional Service Brand Credo" for Archer Hospitality and we are real fortunate to have lovely ladies and gentlemen who always tries to exceed guest expectations at all times.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Astor,and we promise to make your future stay more meaningful and memorable every time. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

The staff is not cooperative here. There are other hotels which are best in this range. Please dont visit the hotel.
Inspite of 6-7 calls and atleast 10-11 mails, no one replied. They dont need the customers. This is really dissappointing service from the staff here. There are other hotels in this price range where the staff is polite and service is great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Pankajgadhave
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Gadhave,
Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

At all times it is our constant effort to deliver the desired service, quality and expectations as you deserve being our guest.However we sincerely apologize for making you feel the opposite.

I had personally addressed your issue with my Sales Team and understand that
on 30th Aug you had emailed us and we did revert back to you with our rates. (5 times on an email communication and over the phone by my Snr Sales Executive).
From 31st till 01st we had received 2 of your emails and we did revert you back again with our rates.
The issue that you faced, was with our room rates and you kept on insisting to lower our rates which I understand that it was quite difficult to reduce room rates as to what you were looking for.

You did mention to us on an email on 30th Aug at 07:16 pm that you had got a better deal with a hotel nearby.
We had also stated you, over an email that we are really sorry this time and would keep up your request next time.
We also see that you had again emailed us from a different id on 31st Aug asking for a preferential rates and we again did revert to you on an email.

I do understand that we couldn't leave up to your expectations this time.
Do call me at +91 9830148509 on your future requirements and I promise to make a difference this time.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Astor.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Everything about the hotel is too good. The ambience is colonial; the vibe is definitely great. Room is nice, tidy and beautifully curated.
Only and the biggest downside of this property is their BAR cum Disc! Due to loudness n thud whole room used to get shaken, literally.
They don't have a fitness center as well. I don't think that having one will decrease their heritage tag. Breakfast menu and taste needs serious improvement.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CHAKOR15
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

It is disheartening to read about your experience with the noise of our Night club.Your concern has already been raised with my team. We do deeply regret the inconvenience caused. We truly understand your views and have taken cognizance of the same. At all times it is our constant effort to deliver the desired service, quality and expectations as you deserve being a discerning traveller.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Astor, and we promise to make your stay meaningful and memorable every time.
We look forward to serving you again, do write to me at gm@astorkolkata.com

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Food is very tasty, especially Mutton biryani and Fish tikkas. Also the staff is very polite and helpful while choosing the menu. I had visited this restaurant 3-4 time and recommend it to all . My favourite restaurant in Kolkatta.

Room tip: Not sure about room
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Member,
Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

It is most kind of you to share your experience and Thank you for taking out time to write this review. It was also nice to know that you had a very pleasant experience and I am indeed happy that my team lived up to your expectations and that you had enjoyed the hospitality and services provided by my team at Kebab-E-Que, Our all day dining.

At all times it is our constant effort to deliver the desired service, quality and expectations as you deserve being our guest, personalized and dedicated care for our guest is one of our "Exceptional Service Brand Credo" for Archer Hospitality and we are real fortunate to have lovely ladies and gentlemen who always tries to exceed guest expectations at all times.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Astor,Kebab-E-Que and we promise to make your future visits more meaningful and memorable every time. We look forward to serving you again.