1,497 results
All reviews waterside cafe la cucina salt lake stadium business trip rain shower excellent hotel indian restaurant pool side room service rooms are big housekeeping staff excellent stay comfortable stay in room dining quality of food close to the airport gucchi
Reviewed 14 October 2018

This place is in a modern IT and Business Complex suburb close to the busy central Kolkata. We were on a short business trip and had stayed in the chaotic central Kolkata the previous night the day before the festive start day (Mahalaya). Having experienced the frenzy of central Kolkata, this place was a breath of fresh air. The front desk accommodated our request for early check-in. It is a great location - close to the IT business parks and their professional office locations, as well as to central Kolkata; but with beautiful modern rooms, and open spaces around the hotel. You will get the typical Hyatt Regency experience with great facilities and attentive service oriented staff

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Birgit_GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Gururaj,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Guest feedback remains the most important tool for us to measure our services and we always find it helpful when we hear back from our guests.

I am glad to know that you had a comfortable stay on your recent visit and thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I am sure this would encourage our team to continue to deliver WOW experiences in the times ahead.

Thank you once again for your recent visit and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Stayed for 2 night while visiting Kolkata. A high quality property away from the centre and close enough to the airport. The room was fine - nothing outstanding but of the usual Hyatt standard. Use the Waterside Café for breakfast and diner. All times the food choice was good and the service fine. The Guchhi restaurant was very good with excellent food and service. If I have any complaint is was in the bar where service was not that good and in the Bakery where we left after waiting 25 mins for a coffee [ which we never got]. Maybe the problem is the staff training levels in some areas needs looking at. On the other hand the housekeeping staff were outstanding. Would we stay there again - of course - it's a Hyatt..!!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Room was nice and spacious. Missed the Toilet shower. Breakfast was way too Indian to my taste. I have traveled to more than 30 countries and expected a touch of decent European items like cheese, croissant etc...

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 6 October 2018

It was away from the city centre, so quieter. Quite close to the international airport. Ambiance great. restaurant and bar were excellent. Food served at the restaurant was exceptional. Staff were very helpful at the reception and in the restaurant and bar. Would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Kolkata.

Stayed: September 2018
Birgit_GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Usha,

Reviewed 5 October 2018

This place has disaster written all over it.

The room is very ordinary and cold. The restroom is like a waiting room at a railway station in India.

I went for breakfast and the wait staff is just not engaged at all. Most of them are busy taking food from the buffet and taking it to the back of the kitchen to feed themselves or their superiors. Even the hostess just pointed to the table to go to and stayed put at her post! Then the servers dont even ask for water till you flag them down and then they are irritated as they obviously dont like their jobs.

I went to the lounge in the evening and the service there was even more appalling! I waited for more than 10 mins and no one came to me (there were a total of 2 guests in the lounge). I ultimately waved a server down and he reluctantly came and asked what i wanted. I asked about the alcohol available and the choice was so terrible that i decided to just walk out. Did they care - of course not! less work i guess. Needless to say the next day i never even ventured into the lounge again!

Will never return to this property after being treated like a hindrance.

Room Tip: This is not what Hyatt hotels are.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank amitabhagrawal
Birgit_GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Mr. Amitabha,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to complete our on line feedback survey. Guest feedback remains the most important tool for us to measure our services and we always find it helpful when we hear back from our guests.

Mr. Agrawal, we are distressed to know your experience on your recent visit, especially at our restaurant & lounge. I am embarrassed to know the experience you had and do apologise for the inconvenience and shortfalls in service. We shall ensure that we take your feedback very strongly with our team to identify shortfalls and take immediate corrective action as appropriate.

I once again apologise for the shortfalls in service that you have experienced and assure you that this was an aberration and not the experience we want our guests to have.

We do hope that you would give us another chance to be at your service and would request you to please let me know the next time you plan a visit. I would personally handle your reservation and preferences and hope to turn around your experience to a pleasant one.

Thank you once again for your recent visit.