2,492 results
All reviews thai restaurant an oasis la terrasse grand dame old world charm the heart of the city busy city indian museum pool side the general manager in room dining victoria memorial visit kolkata coffee shop housekeeping staff front office baan
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Very expensive for average quality except food which was excellent. Breakfast was average it could be better. Check in and check out take long process. No sound proof. Bathrooms needed to be renovated.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
VARUNCHHIBBERCAL, General Manager at The Oberoi Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you stay with us during your visit to the city. Thank you also for investing time in sharing your valued feedback regarding your stay and experience.

I am truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations and our promise of service excellence and the resulting inconvenience caused to you. I have personally met the team and all of us stand committed to your feedback. On this occasion, we did not keep up with the usual brilliance of The Oberoi brand.

Please accept my heartfelt apology for the inconsistent experience. I will ensure imparting in depth training and orientation to all our team members. I have shared your appreciation with the chefs and they are happy to know that you loved the food.

Excellence is an ongoing process and we are constantly working on including modern amenities in our guest rooms. We will definitely keep your feedback in mind regarding the bathrooms during our renovation and refurbishment plans in the future.

We request you to treat this experience in isolation and promise a delightful stay on your future visits. All of us look forward to welcome you back to The Oberoi Grand. If I can be of any assistance at the hotel, it would be my pleasure.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Oh to be back at the Oberoi cushioned by its unmatched elegance before stepping foot into the beautiful madness that is Kolkata. The Oberoi Grand has to be up there with the best and most unique hotels in the world. It envelopes it's inhabitants in a cocoon of comfort but step outside of its doors and you are immediately slap bang in the middle of one of the busiest thoroughfares of the most crowded towns in India - the main market area of central Kolkata. We couldn't fault the Oberoi - the building is beautiful, the staff amazing, the food lovely, the room wonderful and the setting unique. If I could afford it and they'd have me, I'd gladly take up permanent residence there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
VARUNCHHIBBERCAL, General Manager at The Oberoi Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank You for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and writing this review.

It was wonderful to have you as our guest and thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi Grand.

I am so happy to know that you loved the central location, colonial feel and grandeur of the hotel coupled with old world charm, genuine warmth and gracious hospitality. My team and I are delighted that we were able to live up to your expectations and make your stay truly memorable.

We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of ladies and gentlemen who go the extra mile to create guest delight and thank you for highlighting the small personal touches displayed by our team. I have shared your sentiments with the team and they feel so motivated when appreciation comes from well travelled and discerning guests like you.

The Oberoi Grand is your home and we cannot wait to welcome you back. Thank you for your most valued patronage and if I can be of any assistance at the hotel, it would be my pleasure.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My second visit to the Oberoi Grand did not disappoint - it was as lovely as the first time & I would never want to stay anywhere else, in Kolkata. The staff are really lovely, very helpful and efficient. Special mention of reception member Payel who went out of her way to help us settle in. The waiters in the restaurant were also unfailingly both helpful and informative. The rooms were very comfortable and a haven to return to after the hustle & bustle of Kolkata. Well done to all.

Room Tip: The premier rooms with balcony have views to the pool
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was wonderful to have you stay at The Oberoi Grand. Thank You for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and for sharing your experience by writing this review.

Indeed the hotel is situated in the business hub surrounded by markets on all four sides but once you enter the hotel lobby, you experience complete calm and quietness and you are almost immediately cut away from all the noise and clutter that is beyond the Grand gates!

I am delighted to know that you loved your stay and thank you for appreciating our warm and gracious hospitality. Nothing makes us happier than seeing and knowing our guests are happy and ensuring their comfort at all times. My team and I are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable.

We value your patronage and sentiments and all of us look forward to welcome you back. If I can be of any assistance at the hotel, it would be my pleasure.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

It's located right in the heart of the city. But still u can feel one with nature.
The hotel is strategically located so one can reach the business centre or the shopping area at park street in no time.
The rooms are beautiful with lovely artefacts. They staff is friendly and very proactive.
The food at coffee shop is delicious and the smiling staff add a star to it.
The only hitch is that they dont turn down service at night.
The pool area and courtyard is beautiful.
Will be back here for sure soon !!!

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was wonderful to have you stay at this iconic hotel. Thank You for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and for sharing your experience with other travelers.

I am happy to know that you loved the hotel, food, service, guest room comfort and attention to detail. I am glad we were able to live up to our promise of service excellence and make your stay memorable with warm genuine care and smiles. Thank you for your generous words of appreciation. I have shared your sentiments with all of them.

Thank you also for highlighting that you loved the appointments in the room, the central location and close proximity to places of interest and the famous New Market and Park Street. Our chefs are delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast experience at threesixtythree. We do provide turndown service and I apologize if we missed this service during your stay.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you back. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do let me know.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

A haven from the hustle and bustle of Kolkata. We loved this hotel, from the warmth of the welcome, the comfort of the beds and the room, and the excellent breakfast that was all inclusive. The staff here are so attentive, the place very luxurious and, as the name suggests, grand. Treat yourself and be pampered! You won’t regret it.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi Grand amongst so many other hotels in the city. We feel privileged.

It is most kind of you to share your experience with other guests on Trip Advisor and
Thank you for your valuable time to write this review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hospitality and services provided by our young and efficient team and that your stay was truly memorable. Indeed our team of dedicated ladies and gentlemen go the extra mile to create guest delight as nothing motivates us more than ensuring happy guests. Thank you for your generous words of appreciation for the team and their attentiveness.

Thank you also for appreciating our spacious and well appointed guestrooms and the buffet breakfast offering. We value your sentiments and look forward to welcome you back to The Oberoi Grand and Kolkata.

Best wishes,