All reviews salt lake city center mall quality of food business trip business hotel room service breakfast spread courteous staff decent hotel comfortable stay other hotels f b restaurant staff his team enjoyed my stay excellent stay in room dining
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Nice rooms, helping and friendly staff, good location .... this all one need in business trip and they have all it. A lot of choice in breakfast . Airtel signal is poor in few rooms which I experienced during this trip.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheSonnetKolkata, General Manager at The Sonnet, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Ms. Pokharna,

Namashkar !!!

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation solutions in Kolkata and taking out time to share the valuable feedback of your experience during your recent visit.

I am delighted to learn that you had a memorable experience with us. It is so inspiring and motivating for us to see that our guests have had an enjoyable moment which in itself is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. Your appreciation boosts our moral and acts as a driving force for taking this level of satisfaction to the next level. I have shared your wonderful and encouraging feedback with my entire team.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to your preferred destination The Sonnet Kolkata.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

unfortunately i choose The Sonnet Kolkata for my stay Worst Experience ever.Guys do not book this hotel. . When I checked into hotel, room was in complete mess and immediately I called hotel staff to fix that issue (Bathroom door was failed to locked and room was fill with bathroom smell) but there were unable to fix the issue till midnight. Somehow I managed to stay in room with open bathroom door and smell). I left hotel in the early hours(5th Oct)

Date of stay: October 2018

Dear Mr. Kumar,
Namashkar !!!

It was an honour to have you with us and we thank you for your valuable feedback.
It is indeed sad on my part to learn about your discomfort and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you of your experience as indicated. Kindly note that your concerns have already been addressed and necessary corrective action has been taken wherever required.

Do kindly treat this as a one-off aberration on our part and not a mark of the hospitality that we are known for. Trust this lone incident in no way would dilute your otherwise favourable opinion of The Sonnet Kolkata.

I do look forward to meeting you on your next visit and we will make sure you carry back better memories of our hospitality.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Quality of food, service at restaurant, no of items at restaurant are very poor. Menu also need to be revised daily. We stayed for 4 days, there is no improvement at all in food. Where as room is good.

1  Thank Gangadhar P

Dear Mr. Gangadhar P,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself was an amazing one. The staff were very well behaved, the room service was very prompt. The food tasted really good, the ambience was excellent and the location was very user friendly.

On top of everything, I left my mother's medicines at the hotel and flew to Bangladesh. Mr. Amrit, an employee of the hotel took the pain to deliver the medicines to one of my requested locations from where those have just been delivered to me.

The staff of Sonnet do not treat their customers as customers only. I believe they treat their customers as family and when you visit there, you will experience this live.

Really recommended.

Shaila Sharmin
Bangladesh

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ms. Sharmin,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

An array of disappointments greeted me at this Hotel.
My airport pick up was not there to meet me so I found my own way to hotel only to be told I might still be charged for this unprovided service.
The room was very nice and modern, good wi-fi.
Housekeeping had 5hrs while I was out to clean my room, not done.
Breakfast served from 7 was actually not ready till 7.30 and was way below the required standard for such an establishment, processed juices , grilled bacon that looked raw and other non exciting dishes.
One pastry had parmesan cheese on it, disgusting, I love parmesan but not on a raspberry pastry.
The room service menu was poor too.
The Sonnet won’t be seeing me or my clients again.

Date of stay: October 2018