Park Prime Kolkata
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Sourya Continental Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Hotel Gardenia(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pan Asia Continental(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Mangalam Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Hotel Niharika(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
The BigBoss Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Pallavi International(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Room Service
Hotel Victerrace(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Restaurant
Treebo Orion West Willows(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel chromeajc bose roadswimming poolbusiness hotelnice hotelbreakfast buffet isvictoria memorialenjoyed my staypleasant stayrooms are spacioussutrakhanastreetambiencespreadmark
Reviewed 25 November 2016

The Park Prime Hotel in Calcutta is not really centrally located. It is just besides a busy highway, with noise, hooting and pollution.

The hotel is in a designer building and makes a considerable impression at first sight. In the lobby the shine is already fading.

The rooms are of an acceptable comfort for a night in transit. Besides the bed which is comfortable, there is a desk and a recliner chair. I found it pleasant that there is no carpet. The bath room is bright and clean. But like everywhere it is obvious that the finishing is poor and that there is a need of renewal and maintenance.

The breakfast is more suitable for the local taste. However, there is toast, cereals, cake, and Nescafé. The hotel restaurant is modernly decorated, but it was completely empty and the waiter made a bored impression. We were directed to a nearby restaurant which was recommended by the hotel. Kasa kitchen is in 200 meters distance and serves vegetarian food. The food was such a deception that the only bright spot was the cool beer. Otherwise, there are some local food stalls around the hotel.

The fitness room on the 6th floor is not worth mentioning. There is nearly no equipment, The room is hot and with unpleasant smell. This is definite not a 4-star category hotel. One night was enough, but certainly I would not have extended my stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Why and how this hotel is a four star still beats me. Granted that it has a great location with plenty of parking space but that's where the good stuff ends. The moment you enter, you realise why this place has so many negative reviews. The dingy looking reception area with lazy boy chairs and recliners (why?) looks uninviting. The folks on the front office (two rather bored looking ladies) can't speak a word of English. The welcome drinks (which I was entitled as per the package I bought) were nowhere to be seen. Never mind, let's move on the room. I booked a deluxe room with nothing deluxe about it. The lavatory was small, dimly lit, musty and frankly speaking, rather dirty. The bed was smallish, though comfortable. The bed linen was clearly not freshly laundered. The sparsely furnished room looked old and small, with a layer of dust everywhere. The reading table and chair were too small. There were hardly any plug points to charge gadgets. Worst part? It was not fit for three guests (we had booked the room for three adults). Then comes the worst part of my entire stay. When I asked for an extra bed, I was offered a folding cot by the staff, that too after repeated calls, one visit to the front desk and two hours of waiting. I was livid at the sight of the cot and immediately stormed to the front office. The two employees on the desk - Sandeep Dey and Shankho Ghosh were clueless and kept staring at me the whole time I demanded an explanation. Their excuse? "We didn't know that the housekeeping offered you a cot. We will find a replacement." How can your housekeeping staff not know what bedding arrangement to offer? What kind of quality control do you have? Do you even have an in charge to oversee things? They had no answer. Most importantly, they did not have the courtesy to apologise. When I threatened this review, a replacement extra bed was sent to my room, although the wait lasted more than two hours. The remaining stay was forgettable. Stale food in the breakfast spread (though the service was prompt). Dirty pool on the terrace. A bar that no one visits. And staff that doesn't care. Saving grace is that they let you order in food unlike other hotels (read The Astor) in the city. Overall it was a terrible stay and I'd rate this a two star hotel that is exorbitantly overpriced. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Had a horrible experience with this hotel.

I wanted to make bulk booking at the hotel for ALL available rooms for 2-3 days. On all online websites, the rooms were available for Rs 4300 inclusive of taxes for my required dates. I informed the sales person that I am aware of the online rates and that I expect a similar (if not lower) rates, considering that I am making a bulk booking. After half a dozen calls to the senior sales manager over 3 days, she finally obliged me with a quotation. Inspite of informing the available rates in advance, the quotation given was Rs 5950 per room (almost 40% higher!!!). After this they did not even bother to reply to subsequent mails or calls.

If this is how their sales service is like, I never want to find out how the other services of the hotel are.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016

My 2nd visit to the hotel in 2 years( earlier it was Chrome), there's a drastic difference in service and product (room). Though the staff were fine, but lacked warmth in the service. Rooms seemed desolate and lacked exuberance and the coziness. Food was good. Need to bring the magic back perhaps once again. And yet again the noise from the bar permeated through the walls. Plus is its location, as its centrally located in Kolkata.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

It was awesome visiting park prime the servicing was really very good and the hospitality was very nice enjoyed a good tasty food there the area is also very spacious the khana sutra within the hotel is also very useful for the person staying in the hotel suit

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family