Airport City Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$61
US$45
Priceline
The Corner Courtyard(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$56
Tatvam Residency(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$40
US$35
Priceline
Vedic Village Spa Resort(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$118
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Aakash Ganga Holidays(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$32
Afsha Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$29
TripAdvisor
3,230 results
All reviewsheritage walkheritage toural fresconew winggreat hospitalityeden gardensspecial thanksfront officeexcellent stayspecial mentionbreakfast spreadrooms are spaciousbusiness tripold world charmmemorable staycoffee shopgosht
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Stay was really very good ,but service time to get something in the room that takes really a good amount of time.I must stay i stay in all other good brands,but food is the best over here. Special thanks to Chef. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Rodney G, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Namaskar !

I take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for your wonderful feedback . We appreciate your most precious time , valuable feedback and words of appreciation on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will ensure another remarkable experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Everything was fine, like food & hospitality. If i could open my room's window, or i can to find any open place for smooking it was wonderful. I hope to open the window next time. Thank to all members of hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Namaskar !

We look forward to welcoming you back and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will ensure another customized experience just for you.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Stayed here for two nights at the beginning of a tour and having previously stayed at the Oberoi Grand in Kolkata I have to say this hotel is way below standard. The hotel itself is OK I suppose, the room was fine and the bathroom was adequate although the amenities were somewhat lacking with only the bare minimum being provided and never any hand towels - only bath towels and flannels - very strange. As mentioned in other reviews there is a large lobby area but hardly any seating, lots of security personnel and other staff just standing around - all show and not much substance. Where the hotel really lets itself down is the restaurant - it's fine if you like cold food, empty containers and bad service. The first evening meal and the following days breakfast was a shambles - cold food, dirty plates left uncleared on tables, items not replenished on the buffet, endless wait for coffee which then turned up in huge builders mugs which were only half full - for a, supposedly, 5 star establishment, it was a joke. However, after long and vociferous complaining when we actually got to speak to the restaurant manager, the next evening meal and breakfast were a vast improvement. I can't help but think though that our group then benefited at other diners expense. It proved that they could do it when they tried but whether it reverted back to its previous sloppy performance after we left, I shall never know because, given a free choice, I would definitely not stay here again. Any future visits to Kolkata will see me staying at the Oberoi which is, by the way, in a much nicer area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Rodney G, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Namaskar

At the outset i would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for your just concluded stay and the opportunity of being at your service. We are indeed thankful for your valuable time to share this no so good experience and kind words of advise on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback as shared in detail actually lacks substance when it comes to comparing The Lalit Great Eastern to The Oberoi Grand. I beg to differ with your great sense of service standards as mentioned in your feedback which contradicts the hundreds of appreciations received for the same services as criticized by you . If you really had faced such poor services why were you waiting to check-out and take to trip-advisor , the same time could have been utilized to discuss the gaps in service deliverables (if any) and allow us to turn around your not so good experience but however you chose this platform for reasons best known.

We still hope to welcome you back on your next visit . Please do write in to me @ (grodney@thelalit.com) should i be of any further assistance , it would indeed be an honor .

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience with our overnight stay at the Lalit. The room and the service was excellent throughout. We had an issue with the airport pick-up late at night, which was a major inconvenience since we were with our 9 month old and had reached Kolkata after a long flight; but the management sincerely and profusely apologized for the miss in the morning, and compensated for the inconvenience caused. 4* seems a bit harsh, but I had to take some points out for the incident.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Namaskar !

I would like to begin by thanking you for your just concluded stay at The Lalit Great Eastern and the opportunity of being at your service. We appreciate your valuable time to share your experience enveloped with your kind words of appreciation and advise on Tripadvisor.

Life is about giving another chance and what better way to utilize this opportunity than to win back a dear guest. We are really thankful you your understanding and would surely look forward to a strengthened relationship with your good self.

We look forward to welcoming you back home and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit , i would personally ensure another memorable stay experience.

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We really liked the quality of food and room service at the Lalit. Centrally located . Cordial staff. My children enjoyed at restaurant and open area.. wish to visit again...services at in a minute...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Namaskar !

At the outset i would like to begin by thanking you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for your most recent visit . We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to review us on this global podium and your kind words of appreciation for this wonderful team.

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit , will personally ensure another remarkable stay experience.