3,475 results
All reviews al fresco excellent stay business trip would love to come back heritage property short stay great hospitality awesome experience comfortable stay special thanks keep up the good work special mention front office rooms are spacious breakfast spread enjoyed my stay courteous staff
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I love the service. Food is good. We enjoyed a lot. We would love to come again. The hotel is very beautiful. It feels like home. We like the atmosphere. Child also enjoyed the swimming pool and breakfast service is so good. We love the hotel management. Good luck.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Rodney G, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Namaskar !

I would like to begin with the opportunity of thanking you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for making us your preferred choice whilst in "The City Of Joy" . We appreciate you taking time out to review us on this global podium and your most generous words of appreciation .

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you again. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit , will ensure another incredible stay experience

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent all round service at the Lalit Great Eastern. Everyone of the staff members was extremely cordial and polite, with good immediate attention to any queries put to them.
The high point of my 3 day stay was surely the breakfasts, the range and choice were astounding, they were by far better than the other 5 star accommodations I have stayed at.
I look forward to staying here again in the not-too-distant future!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Namaskar !

At the outset i would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for your just concluded stay and for making us your preferred choice in . We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to share this wonderful feedback on Trip-advisor and your kind words of appreciation.

We look forward to your next visit and assure you to maintain the same standards of services as desired . Do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will ensure another remarkable stay experience.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The stay at The Lalit Great aeastern was wonderful. The rooms are very very spacious. The staff is extermely courteous. Truly felt special as the staff accomodated every request. The service in the restaurant was really good despite the fact the hotel was fully booked and the restaurant was full.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Namaskar

Its been an absolute pleasure to read your wonderful review and learn that you enjoyed the best of our hospitality . We are really appreciative of your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor and your kind words of appreciation .

We look forward to welcoming you back home on your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should there be any assistance it would indeed be a honor.

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent service n as I expected best hospitality. Keep it up. Good staff n good food spread. Stayed at Legacy rooms all the best !
Recommend for business n family trip will serve in all purpose.
Good location near and middle of city.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Namaskar !

It was indeed a pleasure having you to stay with us at The Lalit Great Eastern and savoring the best of our hospitality we have on display whilst your recent visit to the “City Of Joy” . We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to review us on Tripadvisor and your most encouraging words of appreciation .

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will ensure another super stay experience

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We just spent 4 nights in a legacy room and WoW this hotel is impressive. It starts with the endless amount of staff always there to welcome you and attend to your needs. They always made me smile from the security to the bell hops always there with a Namaskar!

The hotel itself is immaculate such amazing thought into the restoration and materials used.

The room we stayed in was immaculately cleaned another example of the great service. I think my room attendants name was bismath? He cleaned 2201 and took pride in his work, which is great to see. The room was very spacious, comfortable and quiet. The wifi is a great speed. The only negative is the bar fridge which was either broken or never gets cold. I had to request ice many times for cold drinks. I think actual mini fridges would be greatly welcomed by all guests.

We didn’t have the buffet breakfast included and ate at the bakery which was superb and the staff there from chef Arup and sever Anirban really stood out to us as amazing employees there to serve you at the highest level. Those are the star employees any business would love to have.

The location of the hotel is a godsend from the utter chaos of Kolkata streets.

Really I could go on and on with praises for this hotel. I’m sure if Mr. Lalit was still around he would be very proud of all his staff at The Great Eastern. I’ve traveled all around the world and stayed at many different hotels and our stay in Kolkata will always be a positive memory.

Thank You!

I highly recommend staying here without a second thought.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Namaskar !

It was indeed a pleasure having played host to , We take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern and really feel honored to have been your preferred choice in the "City Of Joy". We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to share this wonderful experience and your kind words of appreciation Arna on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back home and the joy of serving you.Please do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com). Should there be any further assistance required , it would indeed be a pleasure.

Best Regards - Rodney