3,448 results
All reviews heritage walk al fresco heritage tour new wing great hospitality excellent stay eden gardens special thanks front office special mention breakfast spread rooms are spacious business trip old world charm memorable stay coffee shop gosht
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The stay at The Lalit Great aeastern was wonderful. The rooms are very very spacious. The staff is extermely courteous. Truly felt special as the staff accomodated every request. The service in the restaurant was really good despite the fact the hotel was fully booked and the restaurant was full.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Rodney G, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Namaskar

Its been an absolute pleasure to read your wonderful review and learn that you enjoyed the best of our hospitality . We are really appreciative of your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor and your kind words of appreciation .

We look forward to welcoming you back home on your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should there be any assistance it would indeed be a honor.

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent service n as I expected best hospitality. Keep it up. Good staff n good food spread. Stayed at Legacy rooms all the best !
Recommend for business n family trip will serve in all purpose.
Good location near and middle of city.

Namaskar !

It was indeed a pleasure having you to stay with us at The Lalit Great Eastern and savoring the best of our hospitality we have on display whilst your recent visit to the “City Of Joy” . We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to review us on Tripadvisor and your most encouraging words of appreciation .

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will ensure another super stay experience

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We just spent 4 nights in a legacy room and WoW this hotel is impressive. It starts with the endless amount of staff always there to welcome you and attend to your needs. They always made me smile from the security to the bell hops always there with a Namaskar!

The hotel itself is immaculate such amazing thought into the restoration and materials used.

The room we stayed in was immaculately cleaned another example of the great service. I think my room attendants name was bismath? He cleaned 2201 and took pride in his work, which is great to see. The room was very spacious, comfortable and quiet. The wifi is a great speed. The only negative is the bar fridge which was either broken or never gets cold. I had to request ice many times for cold drinks. I think actual mini fridges would be greatly welcomed by all guests.

We didn’t have the buffet breakfast included and ate at the bakery which was superb and the staff there from chef Arup and sever Anirban really stood out to us as amazing employees there to serve you at the highest level. Those are the star employees any business would love to have.

The location of the hotel is a godsend from the utter chaos of Kolkata streets.

Really I could go on and on with praises for this hotel. I’m sure if Mr. Lalit was still around he would be very proud of all his staff at The Great Eastern. I’ve traveled all around the world and stayed at many different hotels and our stay in Kolkata will always be a positive memory.

Thank You!

I highly recommend staying here without a second thought.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Namaskar !

It was indeed a pleasure having played host to , We take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern and really feel honored to have been your preferred choice in the "City Of Joy". We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to share this wonderful experience and your kind words of appreciation Arna on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back home and the joy of serving you.Please do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com). Should there be any further assistance required , it would indeed be a pleasure.

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hotel! Breakfast is delicious! Staff is extremely helpful! Loved our spa treatments! I would highly recommend staying here! This place was a nice welcome to India as it was our first night! For a small fee we were able to check in early which was a bonus as we arrived into Kolkata at 530 am! Did I mention the breakfast so good

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Namaskar !

I take the pleasure on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata to thank you for your recent stay and giving us an opportunity of serving you. We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to share this most wonderful experience and kind words of appreciation on this podium.

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit, will ensure another memorable stay experience.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Stay was excellent . My prefferd hotel for Kolkata stay. Staff excellent food ambience overall nice experience .Chandrani and Chandan were very helpful and excellent service . OVER ALL MY STAY WAS EXCELLENT VERY HOMLEY

Namaskar !

I would like to begin by thanking you on behalf of my entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for your just concluded stay and for making us your preferred choice in the City Of Joy. We are most humbled for your kind words of appreciation and your valuable time to review us on this global podium - Tripadvisor.

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will personally ensure to carve out another memorable stay experience.