“Lovely spot, very good food”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #33 of 6,971 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I travel often to India but unfortunately I rarely like the local cuisine. However, I had a very nice meal here, and the location is terrific. On the beach, with a nice breeze even on a hot day. Service a bit slow but friendly, cold beer, good food. Expensive (VERY expensive by local standards) but I am glad we went. The vegetable lasagna was very good, and the grilled vegetables simple but tasty. After your meal you can go for a nice stroll on the beach after lunch or dinner. Be careful if you go barefoot because there may be thorns in the sand (still recovering after a week).

1  Thank Reviewer71

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

What a secret this seems to be. We stayed in the resort for a couple of nights, looking at fabulous 7th century temples and shrines in the area during the day.

On our second day, Mal and I wandered out to the beach, to explore the restaurant we had heard was there, after a morning of temples in Kanchipuram. Looked good, and had a good selection of wine on its card.

We made a reservation, and showed up at 19:15 to a warm welcome. Not a lot of guests, but excellent, well-trained staff.

Our meal of southern Indian curries was great - along with a bottle of Jacob’s “Greek,” Shiraz-Cabinet.

If you go, I suggest both the fish curry and the prawn curry - I’d lean towards the prawns, as the gravy was so, so good. The roti was good, too.

So pleased we took the walk to the beach this afternoon!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Great food and service is very quick and serviceminded. I came with 10 people and we were all very satisfied with our lunch.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the wharf on the recommendation of a friend on our way to Pondicherry. I would say this was one of the most beautiful experiences I have had. The Wharf is very nicely deaigned. The experience of sitting by the sea and eating has been redefined by this place. We lived the place so much so that we specially stopped again on our way back from Pondicherry. However, we could not stay this time. The food is so scrumptious that we ended up overeating.
I will definitely fly down specially for this property whenever I can. Must visit!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Location is the biggest plus for this place. Just by Bay of Bengal Beach side. Seats were very comfortable. Good food and very good service. With all these plus one can easily guess that this place is expensive. For 2 people with wine/beer, it would easily cost around 8K. But I always choose these type of places for a special occasion and it is worth.

1  Thank KarthikeyaM5