1,805 results
All reviewssea viewchina xobay of bengalspectra restaurantwalk in wardrobebeautiful hotelpillow menuluxury hotelindian foodbreakfast buffetspecial thanksspecial mentionrooms are spaciousfront officebusiness tripduty managercoffee shop
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel impressed with its architectural style and delightful decorations inside the hotel. The politeness of the staff and its professional attitude was overwhelming. Also, the concierge service was outstanding as well as the atmosphere in the Indian and Chinese Restaurant. Special thanks to Vidyha for organizing our tours through the city and her lovely
manner to deal with guests.
The only thing that would be considerably contribute to a better and more convenient stay at the hotel would be a complimentary wifi, which is a standard in hotels of this class.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
KM_Chengappa, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor.

Your appreciation about the Hotel, all facilities, food offerings, staff attitude and your overall experience is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.

It is always gratifying to receive such wonderful comments. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and we are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of Vidhya and she is delighted to know that her efforts wereso very well appreciated.

We all graciously await your return to The Leela Palace Chennai in the not too distant future

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It's obviously a spectacular hotel in terms of luxury and facilities as mentioned by many, so I'm going to voice out my grievances instead. In this day and age, it's pretty ridiculous for a 5-star hotel to be charging for WiFi and that too at exorbitant prices. Hot water was not consistent as I had occasional blasts of cold water intermittently which disrupted my shower.  Instead of greeting or smiling when seeing me at the lift lobby, one of the female staff had the audacity to question which room I was in, as if to check if I was indeed staying there. The worst part of it all - they charged me a full-day rate despite telling them that I needed a late check-out to which I agreed to a half-day charge. I had clearly indicated during check-in that I needed a late check-out til about 10pm and was willing to pay any extra charges accordingly. Initially the receptionist told me that a half-day rate would apply to which I agreed to. At 9:30pm I received a call from another receptionist saying that I should have checked out at 9pm which was past my timing. I told him that I'll be down soon as I was still packing my luggage yet was charged a full-day rate. Clearly, this hotel's intention is to milk money out of its guests in every way possible. For the same price and luxury, I'd rather stay at ITC Chola again. Would not return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank SanjDev

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor about your experience during your stay.

I was very sorry to read about the poor the level of service we have provided you this time. I can assure you this is not representative of the type of service we aim to provide at The Leela and I would sincerely appreciate if you would reconsider and give us another chance as I can assure you that we will be able to provide you with a much more positive impression.Please do not hesitate to contact me on +91 8939820511 and I will be delighted to make up for the lapses & look after your requirements personally.

Once again, our sincere apologies and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace Chennai in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Warm welcome by the hotel team into this stunning property. I was only able to stay for 1 night and didn't get to see as much of the property as I would have liked. I enjoyed the luxuriously appointed room, spacious bathroom, room service and the hotel bar. I would love to return!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank passportready2018

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Leela Palace Chennai.

We thank you for sparing your valuable time to evaluate our product and services on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you were to your expectation.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a very luxurious hotel, all installations and infrastructure is really nice and with high attention to details. The rooms have all kind of amenities that make you feel really comfortable. The pool area is really good, you can swim and rest on this great place. The restaurant is good, but need more western options on the type of food offered

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank EnAlMaFe
KM_Chengappa, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

It is always gratifying to receive such wonderful comments. Truly, encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.
I have shared your feedback with the entire team and we are delighted to know you have enjoyed our hospitality, food & Service.
Duly taken note of the suggestion on western options and will work towards more choices.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Coming regularly since the very first days of the hotel, I experienced a sustainibly extraordinary warm welcome, excellence service and awareness of the staff. A professional Lobby management, luxury rooms, authentic Indian atmosphere, friendly restaurant staff and rich selection of tasty food make the stay memorable.

special recommendation: Buffet in spectra, Wednesday or Friday

Room Tip: Sea View recommended
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
7  Thank andreaslX281CW

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments on Trip Advisor.