1,341 results
All reviews southern spice golden dragon prego anise restaurant jiva spa club floor south indian restaurant business trip health club five star hotel filter coffee excellent hotel in room dining room service duty manager the heart of the city travel desk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very good hotel located in the city center. I was on a business trip so had around 6 rooms reserved. Our clients had a comfortable stay and no complaints. The rooms are of decent size and very clean. The southern cuisine served here is definitely a must have!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SaleemYousuff, Senior Vice President Operations – Tamil Nadu, Kerala & Andhra Pradesh at Taj Coromandel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Taj Coromandel and sparing time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

Your kind words of appreciation have been a great source of inspiration for our team and these motivate them to serve better, thus ensuring our guests take back fond memories.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Staff at this hotel are lovely and cannot do enough for you. Breakfast and room service menu is extensive. The rooms are now looking a bit dated and need renovation, aircon not working great when first enter the room. They are also doing renovation work to the hotel which is fairly disruptive throughout the day and one night went on until 930. But one call to reception and the was stopped.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Greetings from Taj Coromandel, Chennai!

It is with great concern that I have made a note of your feedback with regard to the disturbance due to the façade rectification work. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would like to bring to your kind attention that this is a temporary activity and will be completed shortly.

I have personally looked into the area highlighted by you and would like to assure you that we are initiating corrective actions. Guest feedback is an integral part of our learning curve and I am grateful to you for taking the time out to share your feedback.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel 3 weeks ago and even though there was renovation works and noise it was a pleasant stay.
The noise did stop about 630 while I was there. The service was of a high standard.

The food especially in Southern Spice was good quality and very tasty. If anyone does have an issue they are very quick to rectify the issue.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Laila19

Dear Guest,

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here worst place not value for money. The renovations were going even at night 11pm noises like moving furniture were going.The service was pretty average for a 5 star hotel.There are much better hotels available at half price.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We didn’t have a pleasant stay in the hotel... Lots of hotel construction or renovation noise... Couldn’t stay in hotel because of the noise... we were also told that construction would be stopped by 6.30 pm but it was going on through the night...
the food that was served in the Southern Spice... 2 items were rotten... How can you serve rotten food to customers? Worst Dining Experience and stay... Being a Taj’s Loyal Customer for more than a decade
I stayed in several taj hotels across the globe... This is a huge let down.... I Will never refer any of my friends or family to Taj.... I’m a gold Inner Circle member and is this how you treat me...
Very soon i am going to post all this in my social media accounts.... i have all the photos of the food... As i am very very angry and my points for the room stay have also not been credited to account ... Taj Innercircle is also not loyal....

will never comeback to Taj Hotels Again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Greetings from Taj Coromandel, Chennai!

At the outset I would like to thank you for taking the time out in filling our online survey.

It is with great concern that I have made a note of your feedback with regard to your overall satisfaction during your recent stay and your ratings on various touch points in the hotel. I shall personally look into each of the areas of concern highlighted by you and would like to assure you that we shall initiate corrective action. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I would request you to kindly treat this incident as an aberration and give us another opportunity to be of value to you in the near future.