1,249 results
All reviews flying elephant rooftop infinity pool excellent hotel rooms are large f b close to the airport room service luxury hotel indian food business hotel special thanks business trip special mention home away from home coffee shop comfortable stay front office
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reception & door staff let down by the rest. Air con was freezing, even though I set it to 27 degrees. The room was designed with marble surfaces, so all sound (conversations and louder) from the corridor and neighbouring rooms travels into the room too easily. There needs to be better soundproofing. The room wasn’t cleaned or tea bags/milk replenished on the first day. The first night in the Flying Elephant restaurant, the girl pouring the wine missed the glass at one point, so some ended up on the table. She didn’t notice and left the table without cleaning the spillage. Asking for plain Nan bread, I was given butter Nan. None of these are major issues but for a five star hotel, they were quite a surprise. Finally, I got a very bad stomach upset on the third night. While I couldn’t pinpoint the reason for it, I was a bit suspicious and nervous as to how I became ill, when on four previous trips to Chennai, I had been fine. On the last day, I noticed the prune and apricot compote bowls had not been changed between breakfast and the buffet dinner.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GM_ParkHyattChennai, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Andrew L

I wanted to take a moment of your time to thank you for sharing your feedback. Your feedback is invaluable to us in our pursuit towards excellence and providing our guests with a personalised residential experience each time they stay with us.

I sincerely apologize for the lapses that your experienced especially during the services rendered by our teams and I personally wanted to assure you that I have had a chance to discuss your feedback with our Department Heads. We will ensure that all the issues are addressed and you do not experience this on your future stays.

It is only through feedback from well-wishing guests such as yourself that we are able to identify the lacunae in service that sometimes arise and only constructive feedback such as yours allow us the opportunity to fix them. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you soon again and provide the level of service that demonstrates the true Park Hyatt Chennai’s service levels that guest associate more often with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The rooftop pool was usually empty and so we could enjoy a swim most days in perfect seclusion. The rooms are well appointed. The sliding doors for the bathrooms are not private enough.
The breakfast choice on offer is world class.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kiran C

Thank you so much for placing your appreciative feedback about Park Hyatt Chennai. We are pleased to learn your schedule permitted you to experience one of the most enjoyable spots in the hotel - our roof top Infinity Edge Pool that overlooks the Guindy Forest Reserve. Our culinary team is excited to receive your compliments on the breakfast offerings, which they have recently enhanced.

We sincerely regret your experience on your feedback on the privacy of the bathroom and will consider the same for our next renovation. At Park Hyatt Chennai, we take our guest comments with a great deal of importance and please allow me to reassure you that the areas you have highlighted will be worked upon.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not my usual hotel or choice, but the hotel staff was extremely friendly and they go all out to make sure you feel comfortable. Room was clean and modern, but lack night lights cos you have to either leave the toilet light on or completely switch off all the lights. Gym is well equipped as expected, restaurant serve good spread of food for local to international choice of food. Overall I have enjoyed my stay with Park Hyatt at Chennai.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Daniel S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Park Hyatt Chennai at TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay in the well-appointed rooms and our teams rendered friendly services during your stay with us.

It is very encouraging knowing that your liked our Fitness Centre and thank you for your compliments on the restaurant and delectable cuisines you enjoyed.

We have noted your feedback on the night lights. We are pleased to inform you that we have night lamp below the wardrobe. We will ensure that our Front Office Team orients you with the features of the guest rooms on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Chennai in the nearest future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really liked the room service provided by the operator and the environment is really what i was looking for. Great visit and one should really consider this hotel.
There is a restaurant in the hotel, I ordered for Thai Curry and some rice it was really good, one of the best that i have had.

Room Tip: while booking do mention the view and the floor you would like to be at, they will surely consider it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Suchit S

Thank you for taking time to place your sincere feedback on TripAdvisor.

Glad that we succeeded in providing you with warm, intuitive and immaculate service during your stay with us in our hotel. I personally second your appreciation of the Thai Curry, as it is one of the finest I have tasted while going around the world. Thank you very much for complimenting our culinary team.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon and continue exceeding your expectations on all your future visits to Park Hyatt Chennai.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Park Hyatt hotel located in Guindy, Chennai is one of the best hotels in Chennai City. It's convenient location which can easily commutable to Airport, shopping Malls, temples and other places in Chennai is an added attraction. The rooms are very comfortable and neat and well furnished. The food is very tasty. Children enjoy staying here.

Stayed: May 2018
GM_ParkHyattChennai, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Swami1939

Thank you for your compliments & sharing this feedback with the online traveller’s community.

It is a great privilege to acknowledge that we have lived up to your expectations on your visit to Park Hyatt Chennai. As truly said, our location is an advantage, where you can enjoy the pristine surroundings and peace, while being within minutes away from the commercial and business districts, which makes it a perfect fit for travellers who come for both business and vacation. Glad to know that our location was convenient during your stay with us.

Our teams are thrilled to note that you had a comfortable stay and relished our culinary offerings.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai soon.