“Awesome chaats”
Review of Gangotree

Gangotree
Ranked #219 of 6,993 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Adyar
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best place to have chaats in Chennai.

Their Pani Puri, dahi Puri etc are really good. All their branches are a must visit

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

For Chennaities, it is called “Authentic chaat house”. A lovely hotel that sells yummy, mouthwatering, tasty, chaat, that just lingers in your mouth for long. From my college days, i have been to Gangotree, so many times, that be where I eat chaat, my mind would automatically compare to Gangotree chaat.

It is also famous for sweets, Namkeens, that the minute you, bite them they just melt, blending with taste, that you will never forget. Panipuris are the best here and favouritely has by many. There is a Gangotree, at Express Avenue Mall, ground floor. Chenna samosas, kachoris, papdi chaats, Ras Malai, laddus are yummy to taste too.

A very popular hangout place for many. Staff are very courteous. The ambience is very homely and well decorated, that it makes you feel very much at home. A lovely place to visit, and eat yummy food.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent chaat, fantastic. Lovely paganism poori. Lots of other sweets but we didn’t try those.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best place in Chennai to have chaats. Their Raj kachori is really good. Mouth watering chaats. Also they have chole bature, sandwich. Very good kulfi as well. Good hygenic place

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I go back to Chennai every year to see my family, and make it a point to visit Gangotree at least once when I'm there. It hasn't changed since I was in college, almost 20 years ago (dating myself here), and the excellent chaat hasn't changed from those days either! I've always taken Bhel Puri as the basic chaat - if the place gets that right, then most things are likely to be good - and Gangotree's Bhel is what I compare everywhere else against. (Just a warning - I love Pani Puri, but generally avoid it in India, even Gangotree, just out of fear of catching something)