“gorgeous place”
Review of The Shiv Vilas

The Shiv Vilas
Ranked #55 of 410 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This is a gorgeous place, the suite are set around a lovely lawn with trees and flowers. The pool is a good size & clean. Staff are helpful, shiv vilas property build very beautiful i come again for my next rajasthan trip.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
ShivVilas2006, General Manager at The Shiv Vilas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Mr. Rohan,
Namaskar & Greetings from Shiv Vilas, Jaipur!!!

Many thanks for your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Shiv Vilas and for taking out time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services. Your kind words are much appreciated and have been passed to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of encouragement to continue in their efforts to exceed guest expectations.

We are happy to be able to make this short visit a memorable one for you.We eagerly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I recently visited Shiv Villas with my wife. I've already been to Fairmont and JW Marriot Jaipur. Since this property falls in the same category, my reviews will have a comparison wherever necessary.

Pros:
1. A beautiful looking reception hall.

Cons:
I don't know where to start. I was so fed up in the end that I could wait to write the review.
1. This property is so poorly maintained that bathtub in my bathroom was broken and dirty black water was coming out of it. I complained about it and they said it can't be fixed and they didn't have any other room available.
2. The marble in the rooms was so worn out that it was looking like someone washed it with acid.
3. The taste of lunch and dinner buffet was terrible.
4. We were supposed to check out at 10:00. The electricity went off at 9:30 and we didn't get any light until I checked out. I had to get ready in dark.
5. I don't know who they are saving their toiletries for. There was no shampoo, face/body wash. Only mouthwash.
6. My TV was not working.
7. My friend got hurt and when we called reception for First Aid Kit, they didn't have one.
8. The bathrooms were quite small as compared to similar properties.
9. Don't go on professional photos. The property doesn't look anything like advertised.
I can keep going...but I don't think it matters now.

Room Tip: Go for Fairmont.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank anschauhan

Dear Mr. Chauhan,

Namaskar & Greetings From Shiv Vilas, Jaipur!!!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for highlighting flaws in our services which we have noted and will surely improve them. I appreciate your detailed feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to Shiv Vilas. I have taken up your feedback with my team and we will take all necessary steps possible to ensure that incidents like this do not repeat themselves in future. You shall see a marked improvement in the coming days.

My team and I deeply regret that during your recent visit to our hotel, you have not encountered the level of service that you expected from our hotel. It is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect and this helps us in continuously striving for perfection.

I hope you would give us another chance to serve you again.I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Shiv Vilas.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We were visiting Jaipur for the India music summit and stayed in shiv Vila’s for two nights. Mr joydip nag and his team made sure we had a comfortable stay and we were really satisfied with their services. The room services team was efficient too. It was a good stay

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ShivVilas2006, General Manager at The Shiv Vilas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I am visiting the place 3 time because this shiv villas is so good and staff is also good specially mr joydip attend call us before check in and said where are you we all set for you and waitung for you. Bilkul ghar jaise feel karate he joydip sir . Last time unhone pura shiv villas ka speciality bataya tha ki kyu ye royal place he . Rooms are so good pool is so claen staff is so good always welcome with the smile .all the facility like sona . Steam are so good and including in the room bill is also so good . And yes joydip sir you are so good with the guest.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. Suman,
Namaskar & Greetings from Shiv Vilas, Jaipur!!!

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services. Your kind words are much appreciated and have been passed to Mr. Joydeep & to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of encouragement to continue in their efforts to exceed guest expectations.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Entire Family had a blast
The Moment we entered the Hotel till we said Bai to them we were treated Royally
Front desk Staff Restaurant Team
Management team all rock
We asked for Tour and the Manager was so helpful to explain the great architecture
We love to go back to Shiv Palace when we visit Jaipur

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ShivVilas2006, General Manager at The Shiv Vilas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Mr. Narendra,