All reviews crowded area official trip quick check executive room ambience proximity spread locality
Reviewed 17 August 2018

The hotel is located near to chembur station. The rooms are average the maintenance quality is less. The Buffet breakfast is pathethic for the charges we pay. No toilet provided only comb is there.WIFI is good , quite expensive

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Jewel of Chembur is very nice place to have get-together for family function. Their staff behavior was very cordial generous treatment of guest. Their ambience was very good. And also I just love the locality Jewel of Chembur.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel booked through my company. Located very close to Chembur station and market. A good budget hotel with supporting staff and average food. Restaurant was closed due to the maintenance during my whole stay of 10 days. But have heard is a good restaurant with bar. Market is just outside so no problem for shopping.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2018

There are two ways to rate Hotel Jewel of Chembur. If you are looking to stay within the confines of the American 'Bubble' and merely visit India as one would see animals in a zoo, then this hotel is not for you.

But if you want to see all of the sights, sounds, colors, smells, and tastes of life in India, this is where you can easily do it.

Location is everything and you simply start by opening the window. India is right there and it will fill your room. Step outside, wander down the sidewalk (or down the street... or across the street) and have a great time shopping, eating, or whatever you choose to do. Be sure to stop for a drink at the coconut stand! This is the heart of the Chembur market and we loved it.

The Jewel of Chembur is a refurbished old building, so you won't find a brand new room with a shiny new American bed inside; nor will you find the American food options on the breakfast buffet. Expect to sleep on an Indian bed - a mattress on a cot, then eat something like puri bhaji or stuffed dosa with Indian tea for breakfast; not bacon and eggs with coffee.

As an American couple looking for a small taste of India - the real India - this was the perfect place for us to stay. Service was friendly, courteous everywhere, from the front counter to the cleaning staff to the breakfast Buffet Service.

We will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tcarlier01
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

If you think you can invite your friend over and incase he/she happens to stay overnight (not literally as a double occupancy as you are hardly using resources or having breakfast), there are spies who inform the management. The manager will call you at 3am to inform you that your friend needs to checkout as they do not allow visitors to go to the rooms as per hotel rules.

These rules are not written anywhere or are informed. However, they just use their will and can go to any extent to ruin your experience.

I offered to pay the double occupancy charge for that night and requested the manager to let my friend stay. He said, "You can talk to owner tomorrow morning". Apparently the owner cannot be disturbed but it is perfectly okay to disturb the guests at 3am!!

I asked him if he would have done the same if I had a female friend over. No answer.

I asked him if he would have asked a female friend to go home alone at 3 am.. no answer.

I concluded only one thing... This hotel is couple phobic!!

Though, it doesn't matter and everyone should be treated equally irrespective of their purpose of stay, for few judgemental folks out there, I was actually on a work trip and I work for a well known consultancy.

Needless to say, my sleep was very dear to me and that was ruined .. I slept early that evening and woke up very hungry at 2am to order some food. That's when the spies smelt that maybe I have company :)

A hotel main goal is to provide worry free accomodation while you are away from home. Customer Experience is the crux of the business.

Needless to say, Jewel of Chembur, a so called 3 star hotel, failed miserably!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business