“Great hotel as long as you land in the right kind of room”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #10 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great hotel as long as you land in the right kind of room”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here twice during the space of one week and found my experience very different on my return later in the week when I was lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the renovated rooms. I had booked a deluxe oceanview room and for my first night was offered a rather gloomy room on the 10th floor that clearly had been decorated a good 15years ago. The service remained very good and the room was also nevertheless very clean and comfortable, but when I returned two days later and was put in a newer room on the 12th floor, I was pleasantly surprised by a much more attractive room, with newer equipment and a sleek modern design (not to mention much better lighting!)

The room service food (egg white omelette + cheese cake) was delicious and I appreciated the vast variety of options. The breakfast buffet was also excellent- my main reason for returning despite the originally disappointing room. Front desk and concierge service were also both top notch- very helpful and friendly.

Beware of high internet wifi charges... 300rupees for 30minutes!

Spa was lovely, though basic.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated floors (such at the 12th...)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Do let us know when you back in Mumbai, we would be pleased to provide you a room of your preference. We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to serve our guest in a better way.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

e-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,061)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Estoril, Portugal
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I own a travel agency in Portugal and was in Mumbai for business but paid for my stay at normal rate.

Location: this is the best value of this hotel, Nariman is a perfect place to stay both for business and leisure, with many offices nearby, in front of the sea and good restaurants and shops close also. You must have in mind that traffic in Mumbai is chaos, if it did not exist you would take around 45 minutes to the airport and 15 minutes to uptown, but on a normal day it can take 2 hours to the airport and more than an hour to uptown;

Room: they tried to make something special out of the room, I think it does not work. Normal in size, working desk which is convenient, but it doesn't feel comfortable and the bed isn't very good also. It has a small bathroom (too small considering a five star) with regular amenities;

Service: very good check in service, excellent, with a lot of smiles and efficiency and got an upgrade and a late check out very easily. But our luggage took about half an hour to arrive in the room and a drink at the Champagne Bar (which in fact belongs to the Oberoi Hotel, but same building) took ages;

General: good for the location but I will stay in another hotel next time in Mumbai.

Room Tip: Sea facing please!
1 Thank ub44
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point.

We are pleased to know that the services and facilities offered to you are to your satisfaction. Your feedback on the location, room and service has been note and we thank you for the same.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Cape town
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The hotel is functional and good value but is a little older and hence run down than the newer property at bandra Kurla. But still a good option and close to Colaba and all the shopping!!

Room Tip: You can have a great run in front of the hotel along the bay!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. We thank you for your valuable feedback.

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have recently visited this hotel. Staying here is something getting double the value for money which you pay for it. The location of this hotel makes it one of the best hotels to stay in mumbai.

• Stayed February 2012
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. Thank you once again for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Hermanus, South Africa
Reviewed 2 February 2012

we travelled in a group for business, the welcome and check in was impeccable! we were welcomed by a representative at the airport, checking in at 1h00 in the night went so smooth. the staf is helpful and friendly. conference venue also good standard

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business