All reviews churchgate station marine drive ambassador hotel roof terrace minute walk deluxe rooms south mumbai family room walking distance church gate excellent location budget hotel clean hotel tea coffee the hotel staff hotel is located decent hotel
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip. The best are the location and the smiling faces of every person in the hotel! The minus is the bad design of a cement barrier near the side of the bed in the room I stayed. One can get hurt, if he / she does not remember its existence.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Vasan
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I, along with my wife and 2 children (aged 9 and 7), stayed at Chateau Windsor for 3 nights at the end of September. We had a family room which was plenty big enough for us all. The room was clean and simple, with a shower bathroom. Not a hotel to pick if a hearty hotel breakfast is your thing, but tea/coffee, eggs, toast and fruit are on the menu. This hotel does do well for affordability and location, and the staff were friendly and welcoming. All the main attractions are within a 5-10 minute taxi ride, as are plenty of great places to eat and drink.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Well, it's quite an old hotel but rooms are very very well maintained. Yet to experience the age old things which perhaps, the frequent travellers or the ones looking for all-in-all won't appreciate too much. Let me talk about good things first. The location - near marine drive and pizza by the bay - our favorite places. A combination of old and middle age staff. That basic respect, safety - all ensured. Very nicely maintained rooms inspite of being very old hotel. The entrance is not grand at all though - if it makes a difference to you, to us it didn't. Just few recommendations - more stock of iron (we can't survive without it), a little more understanding for office going guests (you have to learn to deal and provide the requirements on time). The biggest flaw, inspite of good tariffs, is extremely poor breakfast. Buffet - don't dream of it. But even the options for in-room dining were almost negligible. This part really really needs to be catered to. If you are not a breakfast person, absolutely go for this place.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel is poor.we booked 6 rooms and had to upgrade these rooms at a higher rate as we had already paid so either upgrade or loose it all.Rooms were damp and terrible.upgraded rooms were decent .i am shocked that they call this place a hotel.thank you TripAdvisor for allowing me to share my opinion.

Room Tip: Best tip is pay a little more for a better hotel in the area
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank DESMOND-LORNA
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My family have stayed at Chateau Windsor for many years & still do. Now it's tradition for my husband & myself when visiting India to stay here a few nights as well. Lovely hotel. It's clean & neat. Staff & office personnel are very accommodating. We always book a room here & the price always includes breakfast but honestly we've never had the breakfast here. They even have the newspaper for you in English. Most of their staff have been with them for many years. Remember the place is not 5*. It does not have a pool or a gym. It's comfortable & clean & neat. Location is perfect with a pizza place opposite then you have a fine dining indian restaurant diagonally opposite. You have a Burger King round the corner. Then you have ice cream places next to you. You could walk on marine drive at nite & feel safe. With lots of locals enjoying their morning or evening walks with families.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple