This is a great hotel. Not the cheapest, but with clean and modern rooms and very good service.
It's perfectly located for tourist trips. We stayed for three nights and could walk easily to Colaba and up Marine Drive to Chowpatty etc. There are lots of restaurants nearby and it's not too noisy at night. Air conditioning is great, and the bathrooms were clean and neat.
The staff are really helpful. We ordered some teas in the morning and they told us they were on the house. There is also wifi throughout the hotel, which isn't too expensive.
It looks like nothing from the outside - you need to take an old cage lift up to the fifth floor for the reception, which seems a little bizarre - but is all we needed in Mumbai and was a relaxing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai