Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$534
US$308
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$351/night.

2,611 results
All reviewskonkan cafecuffe paradethai pavilionwink barcuff paradesouth mumbaibusiness hotelcolaba causewaynariman pointsea viewroom servicepleasant stayin room diningmarine driveexcellent hotelrooms are smallbusiness trip
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel sits right next to a major construction site for the extension of the subway in Mumbai, so if you're a really light sleeper you may want to ask for a room in the back.

You do however get amazing sunrise views from the windows on the upper floors and the construction noise stops for sleeping hours.

Breakfast was amazing and the rooms were supernice. There are some excellent restaurants in the lobby.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
VBTPresident, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Simonetta B,
Thank you for taking out the time and sharing such a kind review of Vivanta by Taj – President!

I am delighted to hear your stay with us was excellent, especially the facilities and our services. We are humbled & grateful for your feedback.

As you discovered, our colleagues are the key to our success. I truly believe they do their best to ensure all of our guests are looked after with the true spirit of Taj hospitality.

I would very much like to meet you in person on your next stay with us, so please do let me know when you will be returning to Mumbai!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first stay in mumbai in a hotel by Taj , I have high expectations from Taj be it palace or vivanta and I was bit let down by this stay .
The room was cozy n was surrounded by city view from high rises . The gym is good with steam n pool is clean . Location is good in the city connected to south of mumbai . Where they fail is breakfast service , my first time when I had to wait for a table for 20 mins n then left without breakfast and secondly the management again couldn’t control 90% occupancy hotel . I have stayed at hotels during festivals n this is my first experience where breakfast was on waiting list .
Taj president could have done better , as business increase so does complacency. Hope the service gets better as the property has a lot potential and class.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
VBTPresident, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear huzefakatawala,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Vivanta by Taj President, Mumbai. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At President, we aim to provide superior service experience for every customer. Therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future would also like to directly correspond with you on my email address ashrafi.matcheswala@tajhotels.com.

Rest assured we will ensure all care.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We stayed at Vivanta for 3 nights which was a pleasant stay for the price. The rooms have a nice Indian interior, very comfy big beds but not so soundproof.

The breakfast was probably the best 5* breakfast we had in India, really good! The spa unfortunately no time to try. The staff extremely helpful and friendly! I ordered some dresses from a shop that were supposed to be delivered to the reception while I was out, asked them many times to get Uber for us and help for where to exchange our money with best rates.. very helpful guys :)

The bar at the lobby area called 'Wink' is a really cool one but, well I would suggest you to either stay away or don't order a drink.. the music is REALLY good but omg 4 gin tonics for over 7000 INR is just way too much.. even more expensive than the rooftop bar 'Dome'.. even MUCH more expensive than Norway!!! I don't understand this.. this is the price of a fancy dinner for 2 at the Taj hotel with the Gateway of India view!

Overall, a very good hotel that I reccomend :-)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
VBTPresident, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear ShinyRay,

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The Vivanta by Taj does not compare with the more illustrious Taj hotel but offers nonetheless an excellent option to stay in South Bombay. The rooms are comfortable and the service smooth. The South Indian cuisine in its main restaurant are excellent.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear Gilkumar,

Greetings!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I spent two nights here while on business at the recommendation of a colleague. The location is excellent - I needed to be in Colaba. And the service standard is outstanding. The front desk was quick with check-in and check-out, and even provided me with a box of pastries for breakfast when I checked out at an exceptionally early hour. All good.

But the room itself was less than ideal. The opaque drapes did not open completely, and the shear drapes - the ones that are supposed to offer privacy - did not close entirely. Worse, the shear drapes looked like worn out mosquito netting. Hardly impressive. I was also unimpressed with the iron provided in the room. It would heat up and then shut down. The only way to get it to resume heating was to remove the plug from the wall socket and start again. And it did not include a water reservoir for steaming. That's a first for me in any hotel where I've stayed.

I hate to give this hotel just three stars, based on the service. But the truth is, the rooms are not up to the lofty price. It's average at best.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank FeltonS
VBTPresident, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear FeltonS,

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Vivanta by Taj President, Mumbai. I am sorry that your experience with the room did not meet your expectations. We thank you for your kind words about our service.

Rest assured we will ensure all care.