“Certainly for any request”

InterContinental Marine Drive
Ranked #39 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Certainly for any request”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was intially schedule to stay at this property for 2 days, but changed my flight twice and stayed an extra two days. This is due to the fact that this property simply put is exquisite.

Being a Platinum Ambassador Club member i was upgraded to a Junior Suite, and i must say even though the view was a partial city and sea view it was still brilliant.

Now to comment on the service all my requests were met with the word Certainly, and I cannot stress how good it felt when i ordered Eggs Benedict at 4 pm and the request was met with the word Certainly. They didnt even check with the kitchen staff, which is the normal response from most hotels. I would also like to mention a few staff members by name who i think make this property special.

1) Priyanka (Reception)
2) Imran (Butler Service)
3) Sanjay (Concierge)
4) Also the Duty Manager (Unfortunately i have forgotten his name)

Since this hotel is located in South Mumbai, which is the older part of Mumbai and in my view the better part. Therefore you cant find fault in the location as well.

If i am visiting Mumbai and have work or a few days off in India I will definitely return to this property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed here Feb 2012 for two nights -well one and a half as we had an early flight to catch.
Great welcom from reception staff and really nice room although not much to look at from windows to be honest.
We took adavntage of the hotels limo service to have a drive round Mumbai,our driver was very very good and a perfect guide, he ensured we saw,Gandhis house where we had a good look round,the tiffin boys at work,the outdoor laundry,Taj palace hotel,gate of india and lots more ,if you want a quick show round Mumbai I would recommend this serivice and if you can get Sanjeer our driver you will be very impressed although i bet all drivers are good.The food we found good in the restaurant and we also ate on roof top bar where I had best steak in a long time.Excellent service from the staff and we complmented one staff member by name as we left on a hotel compliment slip. The drinks to be honest were very expensive but as we were only there a short while we put up woth this.The service did make up for this issue.
Both nights at Hotel were heard knocking and banging noises from the near vicinity of our room ,it even woke my wife who is a very heavy sleeper, having said that it didnt spoil our stay too much but I wouldnt stay agin without being sure of a quiet room,i suspect the hotel staff were working on rooms through the night as when we left at 3am a staff member was near our room cleaning somthing or an other.I wouldnt stay again unless I was sure of a quiet room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view as our room on side looked onto a very drab property and an ally which was used as...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Ideal location for all the sights in South Mumbai. From the moment we arrived to check out 5 days later the quality and service we experienced was simply excellent. Fabulous views from the rooftop bar, lovely bedrooms, all the little extras and more. You'll be surprised by the standard of their restaurants, delicious food, really delicious. Would be my first choice hotel, highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lara118
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Hotel is well located on the long Marine Drive at Churchgate south of Mumbai city centre and offers terrific water views and city lights and is easy walking distance from attractions such as The Gateway to India. An unexpected "upgrade " from King Seaview to Corner Suite obviously improved our impression of the hotel. Needless to say the room is large , with all expected features of work area(with fax!), lounge and sitting area and bed all in a sweeping arc bordered by floor to ceiling windows framing the seascape panorama. Huge bathroom with great lighting and mirrors over dual hand basins and even a TV screen embedded in the glass wall behind the bathtub. There is a multi choice of pillow styles and the bed was a great comfort after some other Indian beds experienced. The breakfast in the Italian restaurant was a surprisingly limited buffet but did also offer an a la carte selection. Great views are also on offer at the very popular Dome bar atop the hotel where the small pool is located. Dedicated , personal service was experienced from all staff encountered during our "too short" two night stay. Excellent business and tourist hotel in a boutique size. This small hotel also has strict but well handled security checks on all arrivals.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are a must and the corner suites are large and offer best views.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
everywhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I simply adore this hotel. I love the rooms. I love the location. I love the view. And I love the bar. Service is good but the front desk staff are a little strange, lacking in the manners department but this may be a cultural issue more than anything else. I find that Indian hotel staff always have trouble smiling. Also, breakfast is not so great but my last stay was over a year ago and maybe they've improved. But I like the property so much, I'm willing to overlook those issues.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
RomilRatra, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive

Firstly we are thankful for your feedback on this forum.Yes we have made several changes and upgrades to various aspects in our hotel to enhance our customer experience.I am sure your next stay with us will not disappoint you.

Please do let me know when you plan your next trip to Mumbai and to our hotel.I assure you that i shall personally look into making your stay memorable.

Thank you once again for your review and i looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards