“A great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mumbai
Hotel Moti International
Ranked #95 of 419 Mumbai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The hotel is located in the best location for tourists. I stayed there in May and was very happy with the effort the staff had put into what I asked. The room was very clean and Raj, the owner couldn't have been a better host, attentive, trustworthy and always think of the customer first. The place is a bit run down and needs repair but overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Maital R

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Moti International was my first hotel in India, and I could not have been more grateful for Raj, the manager, and all his helpful advice and warm conversations. The location of this hotel is ideal (just off the main road in Colaba) with some great eating options around the corner (like Kamat and Olympia). The always smiling Raj gladly offered us suggestions with where to go and what to check out on any given day (even helping us with our travel plans outside of Mumbai) and was overall a complete delight to be around.

Thank you Raj and Moti staff for your hospitality. I cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank markanthonydb
Reviewed 7 January 2017

This is by far the best place we've stayed in Bombay. Raj is an excellent and very knowledgeable host, and he makes you feel right at home. You can tell he truly cares about his guests.

Some disagreement is felt here towards earlier reviews regarding the state of the renovation. This is, in our opinion, what brings character and charm to this Hotel, and we feel it only adds to the rustic colonial era feel of the place.

The room we opted for was spacious and even has a stocked fridge. Beds are good, facilities are clean, with a view overlooking the street. The location couldn't be better, it's right in the heart of Colaba on a quiet side street. Good value for Bombay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aarlev
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

For lack of a better budget option, we've stayed here a few times. This place would be amazing if they invested some money to renovate. Once a beautiful colonial mansion, now it's the Best Marigold, complete with the kind and hospitable manager. Raj and his 2 helpers could not be nicer. We had a large room with very high ceilings at the top of a grand staircase, but most tourists would be afraid to climb those stairs! The room itself, well it could be cleaner. The bathroom has a hot shower, but the spray is like an attack. The sink leaks and cobwebs hang from the ceiling. The room is worth $25 (I'm being generous), we were paying over $50. The problem in Colaba is that there are no viable budget options. Hint to hoteliers, there's a fortune to be made... So despite the great location and really nice Raj, it's impossible to give the place more stars.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed here because, last time I was sin Mumbai six years ago, I had often walked past and thought it looked very romantic and always wanted to stay there.
Now with a bigger budget I decided to 'treat' myself and my son.
Virtually nothing of that old world charm remains in the rooms.
We paid around 3000/- for a room with a fan and private bathroom. It also supposedly came with a fridge and wifi northern or which worked. Furthermore the fridge emitted a dank odour. Great!!
The rook are filthy. The only old world parts of these rooms - the cornicing - are caked in dust. Everything is falling apart. Electrics hanging off. Toilet seat falling off.
The owner comes across as a shyster and that's precisely what he is. He is a cold hearted business man. The last straw was when we were waiting to catch our train after check out, and he refused to let my young son use a toilet despite having several empty rooms.
Go anywhere but here. Last time I stayed in Mumbai we stayed at hotel outram. It's a lot more basic but much cleaner and the staff cannot do enough for you. I recommend. Very close to th station.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family