“Crumbling with potential”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mumbai
Hotel Moti International
Ranked #97 of 419 Mumbai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

For lack of a better budget option, we've stayed here a few times. This place would be amazing if they invested some money to renovate. Once a beautiful colonial mansion, now it's the Best Marigold, complete with the kind and hospitable manager. Raj and his 2 helpers could not be nicer. We had a large room with very high ceilings at the top of a grand staircase, but most tourists would be afraid to climb those stairs! The room itself, well it could be cleaner. The bathroom has a hot shower, but the spray is like an attack. The sink leaks and cobwebs hang from the ceiling. The room is worth $25 (I'm being generous), we were paying over $50. The problem in Colaba is that there are no viable budget options. Hint to hoteliers, there's a fortune to be made... So despite the great location and really nice Raj, it's impossible to give the place more stars.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed here because, last time I was sin Mumbai six years ago, I had often walked past and thought it looked very romantic and always wanted to stay there.
Now with a bigger budget I decided to 'treat' myself and my son.
Virtually nothing of that old world charm remains in the rooms.
We paid around 3000/- for a room with a fan and private bathroom. It also supposedly came with a fridge and wifi northern or which worked. Furthermore the fridge emitted a dank odour. Great!!
The rook are filthy. The only old world parts of these rooms - the cornicing - are caked in dust. Everything is falling apart. Electrics hanging off. Toilet seat falling off.
The owner comes across as a shyster and that's precisely what he is. He is a cold hearted business man. The last straw was when we were waiting to catch our train after check out, and he refused to let my young son use a toilet despite having several empty rooms.
Go anywhere but here. Last time I stayed in Mumbai we stayed at hotel outram. It's a lot more basic but much cleaner and the staff cannot do enough for you. I recommend. Very close to th station.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Vicky S
Reviewed 14 April 2016

We stayed here for 5 nights in April 2016 in a ground floor AC room at the front with window and fan. The room had been partitioned from a larger space and had sections of 3 D mouldings of birds and animals. We used the AC to cool down the room then used fan and open window at night, some street noise but OK though be prepared for some mosquitos. Raj gave us useful information about eating places nearby and other helpful advice. The hotel is in a shady street very convenient to places of interest in Colaba.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank boodiesnt14
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

We stumbled into Hotel Moti after an unpleasant experience at a nearby hotel and we were sure glad that we did.
Moti is a large somewhat rundown mansion which hints at its former glory. The location is excellent, very close to the Taj Mahal palace, gateway of India, and the causeway.
We stayed 4 nights in the large downstairs room with three beds, big bathroom and fridge.

The room was well sized and equipped for our purposes and had aircon and ample hot water. The wifi was sketchy but there were certain areas you could stand in the hallway where it would improve somewhat. The mosquito situation was pretty awful and we kept waking up covered in bites, but I suspect this isn't a problem unique to this hotel.

We ended up staying one more night when we returned to Mumbai a month later.

The rooms were very reasonably priced in what we found to be one of the most expensive cities in India for accommodation.

What made our stay the most comfortable & enjoyable was the warm hospitality offered by our host Raj who was always available to assist us with bookings and recommendations. Definitely take his advice on restaurants - the man loves his food and all of his recommendations were superb. Raj made our stay in Mumbai very easy & having had our previous bad hotel experience, we really appreciated this!
Definitely recommend Hotel Moti. It's nothing flash but it's everything we needed and the hospitality counted for everything.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank Christie B
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Despite the fact that the manager may seem nice at first, he's terribly not trustworthy and owns a very dirty place which cannot justify such a price. Though they had confirmed my 2 nights stay, I've been welcomed hearing that they had actually no room for some dodgy reason and that they had arranged something in the owner's "private" room. Even though I paid for a double room, my girlfriend was not able to join me. I eventually got kicked out the day after because the manager just found out there were apparently no room available. Last point, rooms are poorly maintained and service is way below the price

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple